Anyone installed the pop-up gas cap and gauge?

May 6, 2017
richardson tx
I'm thinking about replacing my gas cap and gauge with the new flush mounted pop-up style (part # 62823-08C). Has anyone installed these on their bike? If so, any problems or issues I should consider before doing this?

I'm not real sure how well the led gas gauge light will show up in bright sunlight, but my 17 freewheeler speedometer has a low fuel warning and can so how miles of reserve fuel is left.

Thanks,

Ron

I'm thinking about replacing my gas cap and gauge with the new flush mounted pop-up style (part # 62823-08C). Has anyone installed these on their bike? If so, any problems or issues I should consider before doing this?

I'm not real sure how well the led gas gauge light will show up in bright sunlight, but my 17 Freewheeler speedometer has a low fuel warning and can so how miles of reserve fuel is left.

I have this on my Heritage.

The gas cap works great, you simply push in, turn it and it pops up.

As for the gas gauge; that's never worked accurately.

The last LED goes out with about 1/4 tank left in the tank.

It is bright, so you won't have any issues seeing it in the day.

I have the speedo/tach on my Heritage as well and that has the fuel gauge on it.

That's very accurate and will be what I upgrade the Wife's Freewheeler with.

I doubt I'd add the popup cap/gauge again for anything other than looks.

I went with the HD locking gas cap on the right & have been considering one of the aftermarket ones with fuel & voltage LED's for the left side. They are supposedly programmable. The left side OEM gas gauge on my Freewheeler is useless.

I have this on my Heritage.

The gas cap works great, you simply push in, turn it and it pops up.

As for the gas gauge; that's never worked accurately.

The last LED goes out with about 1/4 tank left in the tank.

It is bright, so you won't have any issues seeing it in the day.

I have the speedo/tach on my Heritage as well and that has the fuel gauge on it.

That's very accurate and will be what I upgrade the Wife's Freewheeler with.

I doubt I'd add the popup cap/gauge again for anything other than looks.

I recently spotted a Freewheeler with the combination speedo/tach. The owner told me that he no longer had an indicator light for the parking brake or the reverse.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png