Our new (first) Tri Glide

Congrats:clapping:

We switched to a trike last July after riding together since 1968. We decided we were getting old:( The only Trike Safety Course I could find within 400 miles of Amarillo was open to all trikes but they were geared towards reverse trikes, like Slingshots. I wasn't sure how much I would get out of it so I'm still looking for a class:xzqxz:

You may have already done this but here goes....

I got out on the MSF website and went through these steps to get a list of 3-Wheel Basic Ridercourse listings within 500 miles of Amarillo. First one listed is at Pampa. Even found one listed right here in Kerrville!

Motorcycle Safety Foundation website

Choose: MSF Core

First column on left, choose: Basic 3 Wheel

Input Amarillo zip code: 79101

Change search radius..scroll down to 500 miles: 500

List shows up.... Pampa TX is first one on list

Hope this helps!

This is what brought me to Trike Talk and specifically the Harley Tri Glide forum.

Ladies and Gentlemen, it's my pleasure to introduce you to our new 2020 Tri Glide Ultra in Vivid Black! :)

We took delivery of it this past weekend. The dealer was offering free labor on any accessories added so I had them put on a few things that I would have bought anyway. I also added a few take-offs from my Limited not pictured (highway pegs, windshield, tour-pak liner and auxiliary power port, antenna, etc.). This is our first Tri Glide. We are looking forward to being a part of the Tri Glide community and learning about this machine, all while putting many miles on it. While I've been riding two wheels for over 40 years, I haven't been riding three wheels so next up, and a must, is the the MSF course for three wheels.
Congratulations on the new ride Great color like it. Fred

You may have already done this but here goes....

I got out on the MSF website and went through these steps to get a list of 3-Wheel Basic Ridercourse listings within 500 miles of Amarillo. First one listed is at Pampa. Even found one listed right here in Kerrville!

Motorcycle Safety Foundation website

Choose: MSF Core

First column on left, choose: Basic 3 Wheel

Input Amarillo zip code: 79101

Change search radius..scroll down to 500 miles: 500

List shows up.... Pampa TX is first one on list

Hope this helps!

Thanks but these are the same classes I looked at last summer and the are all geared to front trike configuration. I've talked personally to several of them:-( The one at HD in Santa Fe is new, but they're closed until next year? That one might be a winner. Thanks again:)

Thanks but these are the same classes I looked at last summer and the are all geared to front trike configuration. I've talked personally to several of them:-( The one at HD in Santa Fe is new, but they're closed until next year? That one might be a winner. Thanks again:)

Ed... the BRC 3-wheel course description says it is for 3 wheels, whether 2 are located on the front or the back of the vehicle. The other 3 wheel course listed would be for something that has a seat and steering wheel like a Slingshot.

Just shocked that the info you got from the instructors is that there would be so many classes cow-towing to ONLY 2-in-front trikes or maybe Spyders. I’m not real sure there would be that much difference in handling between 2-in-front vs. 2-in-rear on a motorcycle-converted trike. I have ridden the Spyder and know it is a different animal and does handle differently. Don’t know about a reverse trike except that there aren’t near as many of them out there as the regular trike and the Spyders so don’t know why they would be knocking the 2-in-rear out of the class.

But I can tell you that the more you ride it you will pick up on the techniques yourself...and feel free to ask questions here. Of course the cold weather has interfered now....but when it warms up hop on and take off - at your own pace - and I hope you find the class you are looking for.

But I can tell you that the more you ride it you will pick up on the techniques yourself...and feel free to ask questions here. Of course the cold weather has interfered now....but when it warms up hop on and take off - at your own pace - and I hope you find the class you are looking for.[/QUOTE]

We live in Amarillo, supposed to be 70 tomorrow. We get a few cold snaps, but they tend not to last long. Days or a week, not months, so we ride year round. Thanks for the help.

Welcome to the trike fraternity and good luck. To use a slightly modified famous saying "You meet the nicest people on a trike" :D

I'm trying to understand the need for a trike riding class - except for anyone that has NEVER ridden a motorcycle in their life. Other than learning not to get too close to a gas pump etc. or push/pull instead of counter steering.

I go back and forth between 2 and 3 wheels and don't see an issue. JMHO

Please enlighten me. Thanks

Welcome to the trike fraternity and good luck. To use a slightly modified famous saying "You meet the nicest people on a trike" :D

I'm trying to understand the need for a trike riding class - except for anyone that has NEVER ridden a motorcycle in their life. Other than learning not to get too close to a gas pump etc. or push/pull instead of counter steering.

I go back and forth between 2 and 3 wheels and don't see an issue. JMHO

Please enlighten me. Thanks

I could never understand that either....But to each his own...:Shrug:...

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png