Volkswagen Kit Cars

Well I drove it around the parking lot.

It spins, skids, and does donuts.

But

Traction is limited.......I can spin and spin and never get the tires hot. It looks like I am gonna hafta go to real race tires instead of the soft dot tires.

I never did get happy with the Chinese copy of an msd copy of a Chevy hei distributor. The distributor spins fine but the electronics inside of it can't seem to keep up.

So

Putting a stator wheel and hall effect sensor on it and building my own ignition triggering. Keeping the distributor to.... ummm... distribute, but with no electronics inside of it.

The homemade crank trigger. Now gotta take my computer box apart again and solder more parts to the board.

16901432548381.jpg

But in the meanwhile......Working on the main chunk of body, prepping for paint.Lots of smoothing to all the modified/added into areas.Lotsa filler primer and block sanding.Third cycle of prime and sand going on now.16954899126791.jpg

O.... and.

I let some air out of the tires and it is starting to hook up more....

tires will squeal now. Zig zaggedy curly cue marks all over the parking lot have about all washed off with the rains.

So...... computer all the way back apart...... solder some more parts..... and all the way back together.

Now have and igbt and a trigger circuit.

Now some more programming changes to make.

Started going back into the car today.

Some re-wireing/changes yet to make.

16846264761430.jpg

Next up is some silver and :Angel:clear coat. It is nearly all sanded and ready.But I hafta work this weekend... dunna when I will get to it.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png