Didn't Bite On CVO Trike

While waiting for my traction control recall to get done I was wondering around Ft Myers dealership (Rock Star Harley). Of course a new white CVO Trike immediately caught my attention. Soon after the CVO caught my attention, I caught the attention of a salesman of course.

I tried to make it clear from the start of our conversation that I would NEVER invest over $50,000 in a motorcycle. He kept throwing out little hints....."we have had this one for three weeks"....."it is getting close to the end of the month"....."I could get the paperwork done and get you on the road in 30 minutes"......you get the idea.

Finally I told him my Tennessee buddy had a deal to trade his 2017 Trike on a white CVO for $24,000 difference out the door. This didn't make him flinch. He insisted they would make me an offer I would trade at.

I came really close to suggesting a trade of my 2019 Trike and $10,000 out the door, which I was pretty sure he wouldn't take. But then I started to worry that he might come close to that figure so I cut off the conversation before it was too late.

Next time I have to take my TG in for something I'm waiting outside!

Joe, did you notice anything different before or after the recall?

Is it just a software upgrade? Do you think it hurts any to ride them Gotta take mine in sometime

I'll pass on Rockstars so called "deals" unless they've changed lately. Altho I did get an email from them for a 2017 2 tone tri glide with only 7K for 23,900

That didn't sound bad?

well fellas ive been riding for 40 years mostly Harleys I too looked @ cvo trike in white but last year I purchased my 2nd trike . 2018 115th anniversary trike which by no means was it cheap but if we think about it the cvo trike isn't that bad for what you get .so with that said sit back and think what you invested into your current trikes I know me personally $3k in rims and tires , $1k in rear shocks lift kit,$2k in exhaust power adders air filter & tune ....... ,tour pack relocation kits ,arm rest, cup holders , different foot boards ,grips etc... im pretty sure most of us have way more into our trikes then a $50k cvo trike problem with this is there is no resale value you get nothing back in trade ins towards that $50k cvo trike you would have to find someone who is in love with that type of trike as we where if not we lose

I just wanted to add some of my thoughts on this.

I bought a 2019 TG for my wife, I have added LED lights, XM, hand grips, Rockford Fosgate stage 2, coolflow fan, drivers backrest, Rekluse clutch, brake and clutch levers, chrome switch covers, Cobra exhaust and most likely some items i have missed. I am now looking into rims.

My CVO I have only added XM.

Do the math, the CVO is not that bad of a deal and if I traded in my wife's I would lose all the add on value.

A lot of members keep saying they would buy a Corvette over a CVO TG. I have bought both the CVO TG 50K and the 2019 Corvette 85K. After 7 months of getting screwed around on a paint job issue with the Corvette GM was finally forced to take the Corvette back. i will try to attach pictures of both. GM's answer to the paint issue was to repaint my brand new Corvette. What a mess that became. I ended up with a 900 mile Corvette that looked like it was painted with a spray can. I would go with the CVO TG.

Now that truly sucks. My hope is that the new paint shop at BG cures (no pun intended) the orange peel and overrun issues many have had to deal with. We can thank the dems for the problem. Water based paints are a whole nother ball of wax. They don't play good with composite body panels. Plus, having the removable roof panel painted to match by that supplier has created problems. I've been blessed. No paint issues to date and my '17 Arctic White Z06 drop top is my 15 Corvette. The C8 Shadow Gray will be the 16th.

Corvette Stingray 2020 (4).jpg

Now that truly sucks. My hope is that the new paint shop at BG cures (no pun intended) the orange peel and overrun issues many have had to deal with. We can thank the dems for the problem. Water based paints are a whole nother ball of wax. They don't play good with composite body panels. Plus, having the removable roof panel painted to match by that supplier has created problems. I've been blessed. No paint issues to date and my '17 Arctic White Z06 drop top is my 15 Corvette. The C8 Shadow Gray will be the 16th.

View attachment 80803

Mine was painted in the new 450 million dollar paint shop. It had spots under the clear coat that were on the hood and front bumper. GM decided to paint all the panels and it came out with the hole cars paint horrible. I just laugh everytime someone posts they would buy a new Corvette over a CVO tri Glide after the crap i just went through. I still have the Corvette and the Attorney General's office just made the decision that GM has to take it back on December 23rd within 30 days. Its been a long fight so buy something else instead of the Corvette if you don't want the CVO.

I just got back from the Harley dealer having all the upgrades on my wife's 2019 TG flashed. They said the last CVO tri Glide they received was the one I bought and they have called over 80 dealers trying to trade for more and can't get there hands on one. They have offered 3 standard Tri Glides in the deal and can't get one. So they are selling as fast as they can get them. They said it the hottest bike they have ever had hit the showroom.

Just an FYI Harley is coming out with a 2020 Road Glide CVO in White soon.

Peter and pops, they are performance machine luxe, they 7 or 8 different models they make for trikes. Got them in Daytona at the PM truck, think they really changed the looks of the bike. I think list on my Tri Glide was 36,000 or so, with the cost of the wheels I am right at 40,000, not counting bars and other mods I have done. The cvo doesn’t sound so bad now.

Peter and pops, they are performance machine luxe, they 7 or 8 different models they make for trikes. Got them in Daytona at the PM truck, think they really changed the looks of the bike. I think list on my Tri Glide was 36,000 or so, with the cost of the wheels I am right at 40,000, not counting bars and other mods I have done. The cvo doesn’t sound so bad now.

Steve,

Thanks for the info. I am going to check with a local shop ( Scooter'S in Sorrento FL. ) and see if he can get me a set. What is the tire sizes you went with? Scooter's has great pricing if you can wait a month so he can buy direct.

About the CVO TG, I really like the bike. I bought my wife a 2019 TG and myself a 2019 CVO Road Glide in early 2019 and found anytime I wanted to take a quick trip somewhere I took here TG. I am not a big guy so wrestling around the Road Glide was a workout for short runs. When I run with my wife she is a lot slower than myself and spent most of the time slowing down to wait on her. When to CVO TG was introduced I called my salesmen and told him when they are ready to sell one at sticker to call me. I won't pay over sticker for anything and after the pre sold one was delivered he called and said they would sell me the second one if I took whatever color came in. I wanted the black but after seeing the white in person I am glad it was the one that came in. I spent over $120k at that dealer in 2019 so they take care of me.

Attachments

• IMG_4193[404]ssm.jpg
    IMG_4193[404]ssm.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 129
Now that truly sucks. My hope is that the new paint shop at BG cures (no pun intended) the orange peel and overrun issues many have had to deal with. We can thank the dems for the problem. Water based paints are a whole nother ball of wax. They don't play good with composite body panels. Plus, having the removable roof panel painted to match by that supplier has created problems. I've been blessed. No paint issues to date and my '17 Arctic White Z06 drop top is my 15 Corvette. The C8 Shadow Gray will be the 16th. View attachment 80803

Mikey, I don't mean to bash the Corvette. This one was my 3rd new one. I am just very disappointed in how GM handled the whole thing. I have boughten 13 new GM vehicles in the last 20 years and all of them have been big dollar vehicles, ( Cadillac's, Denali's, Corvettes, Diesel Trucks ) and you would expect the dealer and GM to step up and take care of the issue. I hope you never have to deal with a mess like I did.

Mine was painted in the new 450 million dollar paint shop. It had spots under the clear coat that were on the hood and front bumper. GM decided to paint all the panels and it came out with the hole cars paint horrible. I just laugh everytime someone posts they would buy a new Corvette over a CVO tri Glide after the crap i just went through. I still have the Corvette and the Attorney General's office just made the decision that GM has to take it back on December 23rd within 30 days. Its been a long fight so buy something else instead of the Corvette if you don't want the CVO.

I just got back from the Harley dealer having all the upgrades on my wife's 2019 TG flashed. They said the last CVO tri Glide they received was the one I bought and they have called over 80 dealers trying to trade for more and can't get there hands on one. They have offered 3 standard Tri Glides in the deal and can't get one. So they are selling as fast as they can get them. They said it the hottest bike they have ever had hit the showroom.

Just an FYI Harley is coming out with a 2020 Road Glide CVO in White soon.

You did the right thing IMHO. I'm not a kool aid drinker. I've simply dodged the bullet between the paint issues and the A8 in both the Z's. As for the C8 .............I'm waiting. I may want it but I don't need it. I'll wait till just before the cutoff on the 2nd MY before I pull the trigger if at that point I feel the car is over its birthing pains. If not, oh well, no biggie. :D Oh yeah, still trying to visualize a RG CVO trike ........ ;)

Mikey, I don't mean to bash the Corvette. This one was my 3rd new one. I am just very disappointed in how GM handled the whole thing. I have boughten 13 new GM vehicles in the last 20 years and all of them have been big dollar vehicles, ( Cadillac's, Denali's, Corvettes, Diesel Trucks ) and you would expect the dealer and GM to step up and take care of the issue. I hope you never have to deal with a mess like I did.

I just did ........ The A8 in the '16 CTS-V let go last month. Forgot to take the flash tuner out so even though the ECU snapshot showed no modifications, the GM rep froze the powertrain coverage. Wtf ? I could understand if the car had a "Hard tune" that affected the ECU, but a plug n play flash tuner ? Give me a break GM.

I just did ........ The A8 in the '16 CTS-V let go last month. Forgot to take the flash tuner out so even though the ECU snapshot showed no modifications, the GM rep froze the powertrain coverage. Wtf ? I could understand if the car had a "Hard tune" that affected the ECU, but a plug n play flash tuner ? Give me a break GM.

Devils Advocate......You sell a product to someone with a guarantee .....That someone [Knowingly] monkeys with that product' Would you still guarantee it...:Shrug:...

Peter it’s a 21” metzler on the front and 18” Goodyear sports on the back, pretty warm here for December so I went for 80 mile or so ride, ride is maybe a little rougher but still messing around with tire pressure, don’t think there is going to be a lot of difference in ride, sure looks a lot better though

On a different note went by my dealer today to ask about a chrome front end and they hit me up to trade mine on a white cvo trike or a Tahitian teal trike, neither one they have, both coming in February, said I my be a little interested, but my wife informed me that I was not interested :(

You did the right thing IMHO. I'm not a kool aid drinker. I've simply dodged the bullet between the paint issues and the A8 in both the Z's. As for the C8 .............I'm waiting. I may want it but I don't need it. I'll wait till just before the cutoff on the 2nd MY before I pull the trigger if at that point I feel the car is over its birthing pains. If not, oh well, no biggie. :D Oh yeah, still trying to visualize a RG CVO trike ........ ;)

I had a 18 Camaro with the A8 shutter and the Corvette slips taking off the first time after it sits for a few days. I don't know if the vette is because it never gets driven. I have to pay 70 cents per mile when they get it back. I bought my wife an 18 Camaro and she has had no issues with the A8. That seems to be the luck of the draw.

t

On a different note went by my dealer today to ask about a chrome front end and they hit me up to trade mine on a white cvo trike or a Tahitian teal trike, neither one they have, both coming in February, said I my be a little interested, but my wife informed me that I was not interested :(

For the little lady. An all expense paid ticket to Bangor, MD ................ greyhound bus.jpg :clapping:

Devils Advocate......You sell a product to someone with a guarantee .....That someone [Knowingly] monkeys with that product' Would you still guarantee it...:Shrug:...

I would agree if no one else has the same issue and it could be proven that the product could cause the issue. GM knows they have a BIG problem with the A8 that they have ignored and kept installing since 2016 with no fix. I watch what I do to new vehicles when they are under warranty but google GM A8 shutter. I don't want to turn this into a GM bash but they have gotten out of control with a poor product with poor customer service.

I 100% agree with that. I bought a 1984 Fiero GM's attempt on a rear engine. What a disaster that car was.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlDi

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlDi
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png