Prayer Request for my wife Becky (Sassie & Brassie)

Update on Becky. She was to see the ortho surgeon today. He removed her up over the elbow cast and removed the stitches in her wrist. Replaced the cast with a half cast at the wrist and an Ace bandage to hold it on. Set her up to start PT at with a young lady she has dealt with after a wrist surgery she had in the past. All in all the doc was pleased so far.

Becky is doing ok. She has a custom splint her hand and wrist PT made for her instead of a cast now. Still a little painful but that is to be expected when you have broken bones healing. She can drive to run errands and such herself again. That helps her not to feel she is helpless. So all in all much better. Still has a lot if healing time and PT to get through. Thanks for asking Frank.

I haven't posted an update on Becky for a while. Her wrist is healing well but in the interim she found out she also recieved a compression fracture of one of her lumbar vertebrae in the fall. She thought the pain was just bruising till I convinced her she needed to get it checked out. Nothing to do for it but let it heal and try to ease the pain.

Here we go again! Please continue to pray for my wife Becky. She fell outside last night taking two of the dogs out and broke her right ankle and the bottom of the fibula bone. The ortho surgeon will operate this morning at 11 AM to put it all back together.

She is still trying to get past the broken wrist and the L3 lumbar vertebrae from her fall the day after Christmas. The vertebrae is healing ok but the wrist is going to need another surgery.

To try and inject a little humor into the situation I think I need to invest in bubble wrap.

Here we go again! Please continue to pray for my wife Becky. She fell outside last night taking two of the dogs out and broke her right ankle and the bottom of the fibula bone. The ortho surgeon will operate this morning at 11 AM to put it all back together.

She is still trying to get past the broken wrist and the L3 lumbar vertebrae from her fall the day after Christmas. The vertebrae is healing ok but the wrist is going to need another surgery.

To try and inject a little humor into the situation I think I need to invest in bubble wrap.

Youzer , Doug ! Padded room for the recovery :Shrug: Send her a get well wish for me.

Poor Becky,,,,and,,,, Doug!

They say trouble always comes in 3's. So she had the first accident, then the pandemic sequestered people, and now this incident...WHEW!!! That's 3 - so no more for a while!

You might want to invest in a cow - have her start drinking a LOT more calcium for those bones!

Poor Becky,,,,and,,,, Doug!

They say trouble always comes in 3's. So she had the first accident, then the pandemic sequestered people, and now this incident...WHEW!!! That's 3 - so no more for a while!

You might want to invest in a cow - have her start drinking a LOT more calcium for those bones!

She is on a calcium/vitamin D supplement of some sort but obviously needs more of something.

Last edited:
Well with bubble wrap when boredom sets in the popping begins, you can't get that with a padded room :laugh:

Keeping Becky in our prayers Doug, y'all stay safe

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pete the drummer

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pete the drummer
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png