Is the ground effects accessory worth the cost?

gwright

10+ Posts
Feb 23, 2018
Soddy-Daisy Tennessee USA
I'm looking at adding a wing and chrome to the real wheel wells. I plan to drive over to the California sidecar plant to be installed later this year. I live in Tennessee. They suggested adding ground efforts. They look nice. I'd like some feed back from riders that have had them for a few miles.

How do they hold up? Any second thoughts? I've heard the bra's are difficult to remove. I didn't ask when I talked to them today. Certainly will ask that question next week before I pull the trigger. I have the CsC full length bra's. Rock chips? How if at all can you avoid these. Do they put special material on the area's that might be hit? Would you purchase again? Do these cause any challenges for future maintenance like oil changes, antifreeze etc.

I purchased my Trike two years ago. A new 2014 Goldwing with a 2016 California Trike kit. I have 5,000 miles on it. Used to have a 2006 Ultra Classic. I love the Trike.

Thanks!

Yes, well worth the money, if they are weight bearing:clapping:

Suggest getting rid of the fender bras, if they haven't already ruined your paint.

I covered all forward facing surfaces of the conversion and the foot fairings with 3M stone gaurd.

I also removed the rider pegs and rested my feet on the foot fairings. Much more comfortable. Got a heel rest from kury to rest my right heel on while braking.

I like them

I've got a 2010 with a 2015 kit--and I wouldn't be without the ground effects.

But I live in Iowa where in Spring & Fall the temp is cool. The running boards make cool-weather riding much better and they keep you drier if you're riding in the rain.

And I love the way they look! :)

But if I lived in a consistently hot, dry climate I might consider going without them. They do change the air flow around the rider and that can make your ride hotter on real warm days. I need pretty good riding gear on my legs to protect me from the heat on really hot days.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
topaz

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
topaz
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png