Roadsmith Aux fuel tank

Jul 8, 2010
Montevideo, MN
Has anyone added an Aux fuel tank to a Roadsmith kit after it was installed on the bike? Bike in question is a 2005 Honda GL1800 with a Roadsmith kit installed on it. Is it something one can install themself??

Any info is appreciated.

Minnlee

It is my understanding that U have to take the body off to install the tank.. That being said you also have to tap into ur main fuel cell on the Honda.:AGGHH: plus on a Roadsmith I think U have to drill or cut a hole in the fibergalss to install a filler cap. so if you don't know or have a good mechanical ability I would be very worried about something not going right. And gas is not something I would like leaking...
You might call Roadsmith and ask them this question????
Good Luck...

I did hear from the Trike Shop on this issue.They quoted, the aux tank option cost $499.00 at the time of ordering the kit. To add it later they will charge 3 hours of labor at $69/hr= $207.00 plus $50.30 tax for a total of $756.30. Now with that info I will have to see down the road if it is worth it. At least now I know it can be done.

Minnlee

I did hear from the Trike Shop on this issue.They quoted, the aux tank option cost $499.00 at the time of ordering the kit. To add it later they will charge 3 hours of labor at $69/hr= $207.00 plus $50.30 tax for a total of $756.30. Now with that info I will have to see down the road if it is worth it. At least now I know it can be done.

Minnlee

Sounds like a very fair price. I bet it takes every bit of the 3 hours labor.

I've been riding my R/S trike (Goldwing) now for two seasons, and never even came close to needing a extra tank of fuel......Is it worth $700.00+ dollars to you, for in the hopes that maybe you would ever need it, some time in the future.........

I guess it's where you ride, anyplaces that I have ever gone, I have always found gas stations along the way to fill up at...and if I was ever riding with another person that got pissed because I had to stop and get the needed extra fuel, you can bet your life that this would be the last time I ever rode with that person again..:mad: In the riding season, myself and maybe three other's usually meet up (all w/a full tank) to go for an approx 100 mile ride R/Trip for a lunch meal, and then go for short ride and home again..

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa life is good!

Ronnie

When i would go up to my camp and leave my house at 4/5 am all my local gas stations are closed...So i would carry a gal and half tank in the trunk...And by the time i traveled 50 miles or so i can find an opened station ....And i never in 12 years with trikes have i ever had to use the extra tank......That said it was nice not to suffer low gas anxiety....:Shrug:...

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png