Plowing Snow on I-80 Dangerous business

Fearless

Gone But Not Forgotten
Dec 10, 2013
Clarion PA USA
If you get a moment today say short prayer for those men and women who plow snow on our highway's. My Son Jim was rear ended by tractor trailer while he plowing west bound on I-80 at the 59 mile marker he seems to be fine but it could have been tragic. If you are in the north where white outs occur please be careful. These people have a dangerous life doing a thankless service for all who travel. Fred

Both my Son's plow for their respective towns and its a dangerous job...Worst is if/when they have to man a closed or a detour road....People are in such a rush now days that they are taking their lives in there own hands out there....:mad:..

Yup , my grand son and son-in-law both work for the local towns , and a-holes got to tail gate for some reason ! The state has crash trucks out just for that reason , following them as well as protecting them at job sights.

Im telling you as a first responder , It’s A Jungle Out There :afraid:

​Do snow plow trucks have have two way radios in them? It would seem like they should.

PC
yes they have 800 megahertz and CB'S as well monitor Other s as well Snow squalls are the worst at 70 to75 most drivers now can't or would speak English sadly have no concept of safety in winter

Sorry to hear about this Fred. Thankfully he will be ok it seems.

I like to watch on the Weather Channel the shows called “Hiway Thru Hell” and “Heavy Rescue”. It is AMAZING how drivers are so stupid and dangerous as to not slow down for these guys who are working to clear the roads of a wreck or helping someone get back on the road. The cameras show near misses all the time and the guys justifiably rant about them. Sometimes they can’t even walk alongside their tow truck rigs on the traffic side because the traffic is so close to their tow truck. I can’t even begin to imagine what drivers are thinking about by being so disrespective of any rescue teams.

If you get a moment today say short prayer for those men and women who plow snow on our highway's. My Son Jim was rear ended by tractor trailer while he plowing west bound on I-80 at the 59 mile marker he seems to be fine but it could have been tragic. If you are in the north where white outs occur please be careful. These people have a dangerous life doing a thankless service for all who travel. Fred

I pray everyday for our first responders, military and our country's leaders (they sure seem to need it). I will add the road crews to that list ... the do, do their jobs, in a very thankless environment, the only time we think of them is when we want to follow them in a storm.

Glad you son is ok. The state can replace the equipment. Way to many distracted drivers in this day and age. Many states are going to a convoy formation. I-80 in PA sucks big time imho as does the I-76 turnpike. More so in winter. Hated running it. Every now and then Monfort would pull me off my TX turn and I'd have to do Philly or NY, NY. :gah: Fuel stop in Bloomsburg was a dump and the Delaware Water Gap crossing could be a nightmare. :mad:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jojo jojo

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jojo jojo
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png