sea foam or red seal fuel treatment

Many fuel additives leave unwanted residue inside the fuel system, intake valves, and sparkplug. For this reason, I won't use any additive other than Stabil in my carbureted vehicles and power equipment.

Not sure how either product works or if they leave residue, but Seafoam has the name recogition over the other.

Many fuel additives leave unwanted residue inside the fuel system, intake valves, and sparkplug. For this reason, I won't use any additive other than Stabil in my carbureted vehicles and power equipment.

Not sure how either product works or if they leave residue, but Seafoam has the name recogition over the other.

I never put fuel additives in my my fuel before either. Until I used Stabil. I put it in my 1995 Evo and my 1993 Nissan pickup, same bottle. Ate my Pingel petcock up and plugged up my "Mickey Rooney" carb on the evo and the Nissan PU. Put the old petcock and the Keihin back in the evo to get it running. The Nissan I used sea foam and every other brand of fuel additive to get it cleaned out. Nissan cleared up one time for a few weeks. Finally had to replace the injectors. Luckily my daughter worked at a dealer and I got a break on the service. Coincedence, maybe. Also someone told me Stabil didn't work well with corn gas. Ethanol is in probably 98% of gas around here. Funny though never had a problem with the others I didn't use it in. Including lawn mowers, weed eaters, etc.

Only real reason I used the Red Line stuff in the Twinkies
was I figured I'd try it after buying their oil change kits.

Keep your tanks full or empty Including carburetor (empty) has always worked for me until I tried to
do something different. Maybe its just me.

Don't use additives. Never have, never will. Premium fuel has plenty of cleaning agents. My Corvette requires it. So does the Harley. Grumpy's car gets one full tank every other month. Oil changes as required. Never had issues. Warm enough here in Skunk Hollow,TX during the winter mos to keep riding year round. It's going to be in the mid 70's tomorrow. Zero turn mower takes a weekly spin around the 4 1/4 acre back yard during the non mowing season. Small push mower gets premium too. Start up weekly keeps things lubricated. :clapping:

I never put fuel additives in my my fuel before either. Until I used Stabil. I put it in my 1995 Evo and my 1993 Nissan pickup, same bottle. Ate my Pingel petcock up and plugged up my "Mickey Rooney" carb on the evo and the Nissan PU. Put the old petcock and the Keihin back in the evo to get it running. The Nissan I used sea foam and every other brand of fuel additive to get it cleaned out. Nissan cleared up one time for a few weeks. Finally had to replace the injectors. Luckily my daughter worked at a dealer and I got a break on the service. Coincedence, maybe. Also someone told me Stabil didn't work well with corn gas. Ethanol is in probably 98% of gas around here. Funny though never had a problem with the others I didn't use it in. Including lawn mowers, weed eaters, etc.

Only real reason I used the Red Line stuff in the Twinkies
was I figured I'd try it after buying their oil change kits.

Keep your tanks full or empty Including carburetor (empty) has always worked for me until I tried to

do something different. Maybe its just me.

:confused: ............. You put Red Line in your Twinkies ? :xzqxz: Ok fine ...... If you say so ................. :D

What the heck is "red seal fuel treatment"? I want to learn but never heard of this. I've been using Star Tron myself on occasion and have used Seafoam, but never heard of anything called red seal fuel treatment. Is this yet another type of fuel treatment for cleaning injectors?

I'm sure we all continue with what works for us. I'm in Wisconsin 5 months of the year and Florida 7 months of the year and leave a car and a Harley in both places while flying back and forth. I use Sea Foam not necessarily for injector cleaning but for storage in both Harleys and both cars. I also put the trickle charger on both during my absence. I know the charger is necessary but the Sea Foam, maybe maybe not. I just know everything fires right up after storage so I'll keep doing what I'm doing.

Guaranteed to keep the juices flowing ...............

What the heck is "red seal fuel treatment"? I want to learn but never heard of this. I've been using Star Tron myself on occasion and have used Seafoam, but never heard of anything called red seal fuel treatment. Is this yet another type of fuel treatment for cleaning injectors?

red label.jpeg

Just a shot or two a day in your coffee will keep the 'ol juices flowing. Also helps reduce embalming expenses ............ :clapping:

I've never heard of Red Seal either, Red Line - yes.

I use to use StaBil only when I'm going to store my bike for more than 6 months(not any more because I ride all year). I use Techron for cleaning the injectors - it's also in all of BP fuels. I did buy a can of SeaFoam but haven't tried it yet.

I've never had a fuel related problem - except running out of it once. :) :)

I have used Berryman's B12 for years. I have recently gone to Star Tron because of its ability to deal with corn. My Yamaha Ventures were all carb bikes but the Spyder has injectors and Star Tron is formulated for injectors.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FUpp

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FUpp
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png