Riding a TG or Freewheeler with a constrained hip joint

GTK

Oct 5, 2018
Hobe Sound,FL
Riding buddy has to sell two wheeler because of nature of past hip surgeries. Want to know if any forum members have a constrained hip implant and are riding a HD trike. This has to do with exceeding range of motion getting on and off and seating position of hip.

Riding buddy has to sell two wheeler because of nature of past hip surgeries. Want to know if any forum members have a constrained hip implant and are riding a HD trike. This has to do with exceeding range of motion getting on and off and seating position of hip.

A body of mine has a replaced hip .. he has ridden my Tri for like 90 miles (I road his Heritage) and seemed okay with it where his Heritage gives him a bit of trouble ... I've wondered if he was just being kind cause I didn't notice much difference in the riding position, but the Tri does seem more comfortable to me (faring, lowers, etc.)

I don't know if his Hip is "Constrained" .. hope that helps.

My advice, see if he can rent one for a day or just do a test ride.

Constrained hip is one that is put in due to previous dislocations. These hips have a limited range of motion. Exceeding this ROM can damage and loosen implant.

Hope your buddy is progressing well :)

Perhaps a visit to a dealer (and seek Doctor's advice for the OK) to see if he could mount/dismount the trike bike without pain.

Got to look after the new implant first and foremost.

Good luck to your buddy,

Jon.

See the current thread under Harley Tri-Glide entitled:

Trike Mid Step

This might be an option...don’t know if it will fit a Freewheeler. You might contact Kevin at DK Customs to inquire.. he sells them.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burnout

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burnout
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png