Return to a Trike

Jan 20, 2020
ENNIS
Well....I just made it a full circle. I had been riding trikes since 2012 and got a wild hair two years ago. I genuinely missed the handling of the two wheels. In about three days I will be picking up a trike again and getting rid of my Indian RM Classic. A beautiful bike. However, after having bikes with a reverse since 2003, it was a drag having to back into a parking space manually. I have two steel knees compliments of Viet Nam and two steel shoulders from the same senior trip. I had gone to a trike because of this to begin with but have stayed active.

I ride a bicycle for 11 miles a day every day but old man time still marches on. It was getting to the point where my knees are iffy at times so it is back to the trike. I have to admit, it is like old home week for me. The trike is a comfort and gives me back a lot of the flexibility or where I can ride that two wheels cannot. It also lets me relax more in town. No...not get sloppy....just not have to worry about holding the bike up in uncomfortable ground.

I have been riding for over 58 years. When I first went back to two wheels, I took an advanced motorcycle safety course as a refresher. By the way, the "Ride Like a Pro" course and drills are a great technique refresher. Over the last two years, it has become increasingly difficult for my wife to climb on board since I have to be on the bike when she gets on. With the trike, she can get on easier because I do not have to be on board holding the bike up while she nests. Makes things easier for her. I had to eat a lot of crow when I decided to go back to the trike but once I dealt with that, it was like old home week and I am just so glad to be back in the trike business.

I had even considered the Tilting Motorworks but believe that to be full of problems. And in actuality, the trike out handles the Tilt. Plus, I have heard too many stories of people not having activated the Tilting set up and going over like the old man on Laugh-in and his tricycle.

Having just joined, I wanted to say howdy and I am so damned glad to be back on a trike again. Best of luck to all of you. Keep your trikes!

Marc! Welcome to TrikeTalk from Kerrville, TX and back to the world of 3!

Ennis... that would be Ennis, TEXAS?

The annual TrikeTalk Texas meetup will be held in April this year - headquartering at Kerrville again. Trying to do wildflower rides this time as well as whatever other rides anyone wants to do ... its a great bunch of people with loads of laughs and good times. See the thread entitled Kerrville 2020. Read the whole thread... some people are glamping and several are making the Best Western in Kerrville their hotel of choice. Hope to see ya’ll here...feel free to ask questions!

You landed in the right place

Welcome to the forum from Western Pennsylvania It takes a good man to come to grips with his own limitations I'm sure your bride is happier than a clam also. Stop by often and join in. Travel safe Fred

Marc! Welcome to TrikeTalk from Kerrville, TX and back to the world of 3!

Ennis... that would be Ennis, TEXAS?

The annual TrikeTalk Texas meetup will be held in April this year - headquartering at Kerrville again. Trying to do wildflower rides this time as well as whatever other rides anyone wants to do ... its a great bunch of people with loads of laughs and good times. See the thread entitled Kerrville 2020. Read the whole thread... some people are glamping and several are making the Best Western in Kerrville their hotel of choice. Hope to see ya’ll here...feel free to ask questions!

Sorry...not Ennis, Texas. This is Ennis, Montana and we are farily remote. I have to travel a while to get a cell signal...but it is worth it. I love Montana even if I have to travel quite a bit for Indian service. Come visit....it is worth the time. More rides here than you can cover in a life time.

What part of Montana? I am in Ennis. Lov the winters here. We have just us locals...800. Tourist season gets a bit aggrivatiing...cage drivers and such.

Welcome to the forum from Western Pennsylvania It takes a good man to come to grips with his own limitations I'm sure your bride is happier than a clam also. Stop by often and join in. Travel safe Fred

Thanks Fred. Yep...she is tickled pink about going back to a trike.

Welcome to the Gang from Western Colorado.

Thanks. Got to tell you though....the funniest thing I have seen in a while is the number of Highway Patrol in western Kansas, pulling young people over that are coming out of Colorado heading east. Jeeeeze………..talk about profiling.

Thanks. Got to tell you though....the funniest thing I have seen in a while is the number of Highway Patrol in western Kansas, pulling young people over that are coming out of Colorado heading east. Jeeeeze………..talk about profiling.

Probably to see if they will pass the smell test.....:crack:....:D...

Welcome to TT from Ohio.. Rode up through there many times. May be up again this year riding Rt2 from Washington east to the upper peninsula of Mi.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png