Rear bumper question

Dec 24, 2019
Ocala, Florida
IMG_0582.jpgI would like to install a rear bumper on my 2015 trike but the old owner added some extra lights in the rear. Do you think that the bumper would cover up the lower middle light or is it lower than the light?

It may cover them, but I would install the bumper anyway. It gives good protection and looks good also. You may see a reflection from the lights off the bumper. .:Shrug:

The Bumper will most likely cover those lights it may not even clear them to install the bumper. Tuff choice more lights on the rear for identification or protection of the bumper... good luck on your choice. :Coffee: Ride safe Fred

I would put the bumper on no matter what. Have seen a few trikes with a cracked body in that area :afraid:, that backed into an object. If you need more lights , there are some that mount under the tour pak. I don't have my new Trike yet or I could look at it& see if bumper would cover those lights. Best of luck with whatever you decide.

I have the HD bumper on my 16 and am pretty sure it would cover the lower light. Might get a reflection though. For me a choice between that lower light and the bumper is hands down for the bumper. I wonder with that light that low, just how effective it is anyway. You already have good lighting up where the following driver's eyes SHOULD be looking.

Thanks for all the replys, yes the bumper will block the light I think just hoping I have the room between the light and the bumper? Light is about 3/4" Its going to be close.

It looks like that might be the HD light that is sold as an accessory for the bottom of the TG trunk. I had it on my 2011 TG as well as the bumper. It was visible but it really wasn't all that bright. A vehicle close to you may not see it but if they are back further from you they will see them. Salesman kind of sold me on it saying you can't have enough lights on the rear of the trike and the tour pak didn't have all the lighting on the 2011's that the newer ones do. When I got my 2016 TG I chose not to get the light as it runs close to $300. for the light with installation. The tour pak LED lights show up a whole lot better than the older model tour pak lights plus I also have the LED rear brake/turn lights which show up quite well.

2016 Deep Jade Green and Black TG

I ended up removing the bottom light and installing the new bumper. Fround some white plastic plugs to fill in the holes from the light, looks great. Anyone need a 1"X17" Trux 12V dc Slim flatline Red LED light???
I don't need the light but I'm sure you have made a very wise choice :good: ride safe Fred/Jeanne

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png