JUST KNIVES

Could you post a short video of you opening it up? I’d love to see that.

Man, that was tougher than I thought ... One hand for knife ... one hand to video ... I'm out of practice, and I have a pretty sore thumb (you can see the owie in the video), but it still fairly quick and could be done in your pocket. This is the best of the batch. But at least you can see the mechanism work, no springs, just thumb power.

As a side note, tried to look up the "model#" on the net, nada, sent an email with pics to buck, asking for info to their history department. We'll see.

Fuzzy..that’s pretty neat! For me that type action would be easier for me to operate. I stay away from folding pocket knives as the blades are so hard for me to open and close. I carry a very small box cutter that is spring loaded and locks.

Man, that was tougher than I thought ... One hand for knife ... one hand to video ... I'm out of practice, and I have a pretty sore thumb (you can see the okie in the video), but it still fairly quick and could be done in your pocket. This is the best of the batch. But at least you can see the mechanism work, no springs, just thumb power.

As a side note, tried to look up the "model#" on the net, nada, sent an email with pics to buck, asking for info to their history department. We'll see.

Thanks Alan! That’s very cool!

That's pretty cool. I've never seen one like that before. Is that your every day carry?

I carry it most days ... there are places of course I can't carry it ... the VA comes to mind.

My only complaint, and it may be just me. It's SS ... I wish it was carbon steel. I have an old case knife a Boatswain Mate gave me many years ago that is carbon steel, it does rust if it is put away wet, so I keep a light oil on it, but, it is so easy to keep an edge. The SS just doesn't hold it right, but, as I said, I might not be sharpening it right. Maybe I should research that ... LOL. Don't get me wrong, it's sharp enough for McGver to build a strip mall out of milk crates with it.

But, the carbon steel blade of the Case is scary sharp. I've cut myself with it and not even known I did ... kind of like a razor blade or sheet of paper ... :blush: .. and it just stays that sharp. I dropped it one day while working on a pool and cracked the wooden handle, so I retired it, it has some sentimental value to me.

The Buck was purchased when I bought my first New Harley (thought I needed it for my image, now, just don't care about my image :AGGHH:), so it has some sentimental value too. Never had to use it for self defense, but, used it for every other thing, cleaning nails, cutting tape, cutting meat ... LOL ... maybe that's why it doesn't stay sharp????

So here's my Buck 110 Boone and Crockett Club- Ebay find. It was a little dirty and didn't play nice inside the tin during shipping (insert was trashed) but it cleaned up nice. Came with the paperwork and nylon sheath as well. Unfortunately the collectors tin was dented and scratched from the shipping so it's in the recycling.

From the date stamp it's a 2010 model, second edition ThumbUp

20200125_231415.jpg

20200124_195129.jpg

And then on display is my 91' 501 and 87' 309 20200125_232628.jpg

Lastly...it was my newest (beforehand) Schrade Texas Rangers 175th anniversary edition Uncle Henry, (also dated 2010) that was gifted to me.

20200125_230124.jpg

Lexol #2 . Wallmart has it in automotive section. NO dryers !

Thanks once again. So any oil works to release that nice crisp shape. That makes sense and explains why some of mine don't seem to be as good as they once were. And here I thought I was helping keeping them from drying out. That's a damned if you do and damned if you don't thing.

It could be a bench mark knife ... 45 years ago was a long time ... I'm having trouble with yesterday ... LOL. Definitely the same mechanism ... :blush:

My brain is the same way. 15 years of morning watch has took its toll. Working nights is killing me slowly.

Got another sheath in the mail today from the same guy that made the open top one. The fit and finish on this one is better. He got this one to me much sooner than the last one at my request. Heck of a nice guy. Made it and sent it out the next day. View attachment 82278

View attachment 82279

Who's making sheaths for you? That OTF looks interesting to me but no way would I carry that puppy without some kind of sheath. Sure doesn't have to be much but I'm just not finding any. Just started looking though too. So I may find something that would work.

Got another sheath in the mail today from the same guy that made the open top one. The fit and finish on this one is better. He got this one to me much sooner than the last one at my request. Heck of a nice guy. Made it and sent it out the next day. View attachment 82278

View attachment 82279

Cornering the market on sheaths , causes more knife purchases !

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
topaz

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
topaz
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png