Likes Likes:  1,006
Thanks Thanks:  130
Page 71 of 71 FirstFirst ... 31 41 51 69 70 71
Results 701 to 710 of 710

Thread: JUST KNIVES

  1. #701
    I have a knife addiction..
    Gold Club Member
    Gone2Three's Avatar
    User ID
    23475
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Pflugerville, Tx
    Posts
    10,623
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    300

    Default

    Thanks for looking Jim... it's all good, the hunt continues
    Never ride faster than your Angel can fly!

  2. #702
    5750+ Posts
    Gold Club Member
    BillR's Avatar
    User ID
    20570
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Gloucester, VA
    Posts
    5,830
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    300

    Default FIXED BLADE KNIFE

    I went by a pawn shop the other day and saw this fixed blade knife. Thought it looked familiar, so I came home and found it advertised in the American Rifleman. As I was passing the shop today, I went in and bought it for $50.

    The picture with the Buck 103 skinner is for size comparison. Also polished the brass.

    I had been looking around the house for over a year for that Buck.

    At a family dinner a few weeks ago my son handed it to me. He had taken it to clean up and treat the sheath. It got buried in a box when he moved and forgotten. He found it after he cleaned out his storage shed. Glad to have back. I got it in the late 60's

    .

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Buck-and-feather.JPG 
Views:	8 
Size:	156.8 KB 
ID:	105602

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	feather-knife.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	34.0 KB 
ID:	105603
    Bill

    2010 Tri-glide, Red Hot Sunglo

    R I P MANDY

  3. #703
    4500+ Posts desertclassic's Avatar
    User ID
    17776
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Box Elder, SD
    Posts
    4,745
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    300

    Default

    Knives are HIGH on the wanted list, right along with trikes and musical instruments. Nice finds.
    US Army Retired, Command Sergeant Major

    No longer riding, memories, memories

  4. #704
    I have a knife addiction..
    Gold Club Member
    Gone2Three's Avatar
    User ID
    23475
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Pflugerville, Tx
    Posts
    10,623
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BillR View Post
    I went by a pawn shop the other day and saw this fixed blade knife. Thought it looked familiar, so I came home and found it advertised in the American Rifleman. As I was passing the shop today, I went in and bought it for $50.

    The picture with the Buck 103 skinner is for size comparison. Also polished the brass.

    I had been looking around the house for over a year for that Buck.

    At a family dinner a few weeks ago my son handed it to me. He had taken it to clean up and treat the sheath. It got buried in a box when he moved and forgotten. He found it after he cleaned out his storage shed. Glad to have back. I got it in the late 60's

    .

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Buck-and-feather.JPG 
Views:	8 
Size:	156.8 KB 
ID:	105602

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	feather-knife.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	34.0 KB 
ID:	105603
    Quote Originally Posted by BillR View Post
    I went by a pawn shop the other day and saw this fixed blade knife. Thought it looked familiar, so I came home and found it advertised in the American Rifleman. As I was passing the shop today, I went in and bought it for $50.

    The picture with the Buck 103 skinner is for size comparison. Also polished the brass.

    I had been looking around the house for over a year for that Buck.

    At a family dinner a few weeks ago my son handed it to me. He had taken it to clean up and treat the sheath. It got buried in a box when he moved and forgotten. He found it after he cleaned out his storage shed. Glad to have back. I got it in the late 60's

    .

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Buck-and-feather.JPG 
Views:	8 
Size:	156.8 KB 
ID:	105602

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	feather-knife.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	34.0 KB 
ID:	105603
    Wow... what is it...12in? Nice find there Bill

    Chipaway typically makes a limited amount of their releases and changes them up yearly. If I'm not mistaken there was also an arrowhead version of the same knife

    Glad your Buck made it's way home...

    Never ride faster than your Angel can fly!

  5. #705
    5750+ Posts
    Gold Club Member
    BillR's Avatar
    User ID
    20570
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Gloucester, VA
    Posts
    5,830
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    300

    Default

    Thanks.

    The overall blade is 7" and the sharpened part is 6".
    Bill

    2010 Tri-glide, Red Hot Sunglo

    R I P MANDY

  6. #706
    14000+ Posts
    Gold Club Member
    ol' school's Avatar
    User ID
    20600
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Mercersburg, PA
    Posts
    14,439
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    300

    Default

    Christmas present this year...

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220117_134118.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	1.05 MB 
ID:	105637
    "I don't need a map. I still have a road in front of me!"

  7. #707
    I have a knife addiction..
    Gold Club Member
    Gone2Three's Avatar
    User ID
    23475
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Pflugerville, Tx
    Posts
    10,623
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ol' school View Post
    Christmas present this year...Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220117_134118.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	1.05 MB 
ID:	105637
    What a great Christmas present

    I like the forge work on the upper portion and the finger hole
    Never ride faster than your Angel can fly!

  8. #708
    14000+ Posts
    Gold Club Member
    ol' school's Avatar
    User ID
    20600
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Mercersburg, PA
    Posts
    14,439
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gone2Three View Post
    What a great Christmas present

    I like the forge work on the upper portion and the finger hole
    It was sharp enough to shave hair off my arm right out of the box!
    Last edited by ol' school; 01-17-2022 at 02:55 PM.
    "I don't need a map. I still have a road in front of me!"

  9. #709
    I have a knife addiction..
    Gold Club Member
    Gone2Three's Avatar
    User ID
    23475
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Pflugerville, Tx
    Posts
    10,623
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ol' school View Post
    It was sharp enough to shave hair off my arm right out if the box!
    Never ride faster than your Angel can fly!

  10. #710
    4500+ Posts desertclassic's Avatar
    User ID
    17776
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Box Elder, SD
    Posts
    4,745
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ol' school View Post
    Christmas present this year...

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220117_134118.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	1.05 MB 
ID:	105637
    I think you will like it.
    US Army Retired, Command Sergeant Major

    No longer riding, memories, memories

Page 71 of 71 FirstFirst ... 31 41 51 69 70 71

Similar Threads

  1. Not new---just checking in. Do not post much mostly just read
    By rdtrkrdr in forum New Member - Welcome
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-05-2019, 12:44 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •