JUST KNIVES

Got a question to all you smart knife folks. Do any of you know of a knife sheath, much like this magazine holster with that kind of strong clip...https://www.amazon.com/Universal-Ma...ywords=knife+belt+clip&qid=1609063746&sr=8-13, that would work for this Kershaw knife...https://www.bladehq.com/item--Kershaw-Galyean-Launch-7-Automatic--99039 ?

Kydex would be great but a good leather will work, I think. I want to carry it in my pocket but I tried it with the provided clip and it opened in the pocket so I needed to protect it's little button and I think Kydex would be best for that but I can't find anything even in leather that would work the has that strong clip. I can find plenty of belt loop types but no clips like that.

I guess I can always get so blank Kydex and clip and make my own, but surely someone has already done that. No???? I do see a bunch of Kydex kits but haven't seen one that I'm sure would work though so I'm a little leery of trying that route. But it would probably be the cheapest. But I just have this feeling that there is a perfect leather sheath just waiting for me to purchase that's a perfect match. Almost has to be???

Stop yelling ! Check out Grindworx website .

Got a question to all you smart knife folks. Do any of you know of a knife sheath, much like this magazine holster with that kind of strong clip...https://www.amazon.com/Universal-Ma...ywords=knife+belt+clip&qid=1609063746&sr=8-13, that would work for this Kershaw knife...https://www.bladehq.com/item--Kershaw-Galyean-Launch-7-Automatic--99039

I'm kind of surprised that the Kershaw opened in your pocket. My Kershaw is my normal carry knife. I love the feel, heft, and Action. Mine is not the same model you have. Mine is kind of new, so, maybe as it wears in I will have the same issues.

kershaw Launch 1,  Black Open.jpeg

The concern that at some point it might open in my pocket is partly why I ordered the strike. It has a safety, so it may become the new carry.

The new Lightning is a nice carry too, the trigger is kind of stiff, and not a button, so I'm confident it won't open in my pocket.

My Kershaw I have carried for years is a 1550ST Blackout-Serrated... it has never opened in my pocket but it has a thumb assist to spring open not a push button to open. I am surprised Kershaw made that button so sensitive.

phpUv9z9hAM.jpg

Stop yelling ! Check out Grindworx website .

I'm not yelling, I'm just typing so I can see what I type. If I was yelling, it would be in ALL CAPS. ;) But thanks for the Grindworx suggestion anyway. Found a possible but nothing specific. One of those, it might work things but better than nothing.

Got a question to all you smart knife folks. Do any of you know of a knife sheath, much like this magazine holster with that kind of strong clip...https://www.amazon.com/Universal-Ma...ywords=knife+belt+clip&qid=1609063746&sr=8-13, that would work for this Kershaw knife...https://www.bladehq.com/item--Kershaw-Galyean-Launch-7-Automatic--99039 ?

Kydex would be great but a good leather will work, I think. I want to carry it in my pocket but I tried it with the provided clip and it opened in the pocket so I needed to protect it's little button and I think Kydex would be best for that but I can't find anything even in leather that would work the has that strong clip. I can find plenty of belt loop types but no clips like that.

I guess I can always get so blank Kydex and clip and make my own, but surely someone has already done that. No???? I do see a bunch of Kydex kits but haven't seen one that I'm sure would work though so I'm a little leery of trying that route. But it would probably be the cheapest. But I just have this feeling that there is a perfect leather sheath just waiting for me to purchase that's a perfect match. Almost has to be???

Might want to see if this will work for you, can get it in different colors to match or contrast the knife. There's more than a few leather craftsman on Etsy offering knife sheaths and pocket pouches ThumbUp

"Dual Grip Clip Slip choose a size pocket knife sleeve full | Etsy" https://www.etsy.com/listing/891777...=pocket+sheath&ref=sr_gallery-1-2&frs=1&col=1

I'm kind of surprised that the Kershaw opened in your pocket. My Kershaw is my normal carry knife. I love the feel, heft, and Action. Mine is not the same model you have. Mine is kind of new, so, maybe as it wears in I will have the same issues.

The concern that at some point it might open in my pocket is partly why I ordered the strike. It has a safety, so it may become the new carry.

The new Lightning is a nice carry too, the trigger is kind of stiff, and not a button, so I'm confident it won't open in my pocket.

My Kershaw I have carried for years is a 1550ST Blackout-Serrated... it has never opened in my pocket but it has a thumb assist to spring open not a push button to open. I am surprised Kershaw made that button so sensitive.

Maybe y'all don't have to buck bails of hay or have other stuff like cows bump into you. It's tough on a working ranch even if it is a small one.

Maybe y'all don't have to buck bails of hay or have other stuff like cows bump into you. It's tough on a working ranch even if it is a small one.

That's true ... I'm retarded ... um ... retired, so not a lot of bumping ... I also wear a lot of loose fitting pants ... sweats in the winter, shorts in the summer ... so ... that may help too ... :D

I have searched for and bought a knife for my brothers and brother in laws. I have 2 still on the way that scheduled to arrive 1st week of January. 9799B622-7F91-4D3B-B53C-29EC4E56FD82.jpg They were happy.

I did go on a little buying thing this past week. I had to replace all the gifts with something, couldn’t stand the empty slots.

The single knife that posted, is the one I gave to my granddaughter’s husband. I did not get a picture after I buffed it out, thanks to Randall, I know an easier way to clean them the knives up.

Attachments

• 679842D8-B804-4C0F-AED3-CB25C4543CCD.jpg
    679842D8-B804-4C0F-AED3-CB25C4543CCD.jpg
    917.9 KB · Views: 80
Well Cowboy, were you able to check out the Etsy link? I looked up the specks on your knife, it's a nice one, thinking it would look great in that blue leather with contrasting stitching ThumbUp

On a side note, I completed work on another Ebay rescue.

Nice old single line Valley Forge knife, based on the stamping possibly dates post war, very solid, half stops, brass pins and still has great snap. Had to minor reshaping of the point

Before:

20201229_112939.jpg

20201229_112954.jpg

20201229_112943.jpg

20201229_113018.jpg

After:

20201229_124156.jpg

20201229_124227.jpg

20201229_124241.jpg

20201229_132940.jpg

Randall, nice job on your knife restorations!

Thanks Doug, I really like finding and working on these old knives. Gives me a small amount of satisfaction knowing that I possibly saved a piece of history from the scrap pile. Most sellers don't know or see the value in them, so they sell cheap.

That pictular one was 15 bucks, a steal....and I have just acquired another one that will be on the work bench soon. It's a old Ulster 40, decent shape but a little bit rusty... pictures below

s-l400 (21).jpg

s-l400 (22).jpg

s-l400 (19).jpg

Again, 15 bucks shipped...

Well Cowboy, were you able to check out the Etsy link? I looked up the specks on your knife, it's a nice one, thinking it would look great in that blue leather with contrasting stitching ThumbUp

I did. Every last page which took forever. Best I could find was a couple of maybe it fit types where I could add the dimensions of the knife in the comments field. I found something interesting per another suggestion that I went for because the $40 price was down to $3.00. So at that price I thought the risk was low enough so when it doesn't work I'll know how to request a better fit from one in Etsy. I'm really surprised no one makes one specific to that knife. But I know that can't cover every single knife though. So right now it's a wait to see just how close this $3.00 sheath comes or if surprise surprise it actually works which I truly doubt will happen.

Ulster 40 refurb is complete....not exactly good as new but brought back from it's decay. Inside was rusting, the blades took some time, minor pitting now... overall a successful clean up!

Brass liners and pins, solid nickel silver bolsters and shield, no play, good snap and I'm still researching but believe it to be late 50's early 60's ...still digging but Ulster (over) Knife USA (one line) was used after the sale of the company in 1941, dropping the "Co. " in Knife Co. and then later going to just Ulster over U.S.A

The handles (I'm wishing) to be bone, but probably Ulster's Bonite material... jury is still out on that one. Thanks for letting me share it with y'all

20210104_194921.jpg

20210104_194932.jpg

20210104_194336.jpg

20210104_194438.jpg

20210104_194443.jpg

20210104_195036.jpg

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jojo jojo

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jojo jojo
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png