Saved $672 a year on insurance

Jun 15, 2013
Red Banks, MS
Just saved $672 annually on insurance on my 4 Harley's.

Previously had good coverage with Allstate, now have it with American Modern from Jim at motorcycleagent.com

Besides saving $, I have the same full coverage & stacked uninsured motorist coverage, but I also now have full replacement. No insurance company depreciating the bike and not giving me enough to replace it.

Glad I asked him to do a comparison.

Kevin

Can someone please explain the uninsured motorist coverage ? Today they are giving licenses to everybody, some i am sure have no coverage. My coverage was 500 more for uninsured motorist and I think we can stack here in Fl.

Just saved $672 annually on insurance on my 4 Harley's.

Previously had good coverage with Allstate, now have it with American Modern from Jim at motorcycleagent.com

Besides saving $, I have the same full coverage & stacked uninsured motorist coverage, but I also now have full replacement. No insurance company depreciating the bike and not giving me enough to replace it.

Glad I asked him to do a comparison.

Kevin

Near end of 2 yrs, I may have Jim do ESP, also. Been talking about trading every 2 yrs. Have to wait & see how I feel at 77.

Can someone please explain the uninsured motorist coverage ? Today they are giving licenses to everybody, some i am sure have no coverage. My coverage was 500 more for uninsured motorist and I think we can stack here in Fl.

It is best to call your agent or your insurance carrier directly. There are variations between companies and best to get the information directly.

Yes Uninsured and Underinsured coverage can be expensive on motorcycles. Most states require the insurance company to pay before your health insurance, which results in a big risk=higher premiums.

Consider Medical Payments or Personal Injury Protection for coverage--no requirement for another party to the accident.

ultrafxr gave a good link to an explanation of uninsured motorist coverage.

I was hit about 10 years ago by a truck. The driver was licensed. He had the minimum required insurance ($50k).

He totaled my Ultra, and nearly totaled me with 22 broken bones.

His $50k insurance lasted about 2 days, then it was all used up.

I had uninsured motorist coverage on 2 different vehicles, that was able to be stacked, and it is a good thing...because, while it is called uninsured motorist, it is also UNDER-insured motorist insurance. So when his $50k of insurance ran out, my UM was there to cover the additional expenses.

Kevin

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burnout

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burnout
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png