May be losing my mind but, I'm thinking about picking up another Trike

I believe the ignition box was changed for 90 as well as carbs.Also for instance mine is also an 89.An early production 89.The throttle cables on mine were only used on 88 and early 89 models.The switch on the throttle to shut the cruise off different.Stuff like that.There are no bad years to have as far as one against another 1500 but if thats what you are looking at 97- 00 would the pick of the litter.Trans is supposedly beefed up a bit and the bugs were more worked out by that time.Like Zook said sell Diablo and take that money and what you would spend on that and by a nice one.

Thanks for the insights Marc...I have a Dealer in Dallas that's supposed to have a 2008 (?) GW MT...I ran across some pictures and went to the website and did the "What's my bike worth" thing and got back a lowball offer (at least I think it's lowball) on my V-Star 1300 Deluxe whaich has been my baby the last four years but now I have a hard time throwing a leg over with back and hip issues creeping into my well worn body...:cripple:

If I can get a decent trade on El Diablo and the V-Star that would be great, but they are primarily a Harley shop and I'm not really sure I want to go Triglide considering the "name" value added nor do they have many other trikes besides Triglides.

It will all come together how the power greater than I am wants it to so I'll just go along for the ride and keep an open mind.

Where did I get Utah? I know Texas well, born @ Lackland AFB, we lived in Del Rio, many trips back in years since. I see you are up near Dallas now, in the humidious part, Comancheria, etc. Now I live a couple miles from Sam Houston's birthplace. Monument is pink granite imported from Texas. Located on east side of US Rt 11 off north east side of I-81 @ Exit 195 @ Timber Ridge, Va.

I'm 4th gen Texan but spent the last 16 years in Utah...My SIL didn't want her grandkids raised in Dallas and convinced us to move out to Utah with them...Wasn't too hard to convince me...beautiful mountains, clean, safe, no humidity...they stayed a year and came back...my wife and I stayed 16 until she got tired of plane rides and missed grandbaby birthdays, weddings, etc and decided it was time to come home. Happy Wife...Happy Life rule...We're back and I'm glad to be back in the land of decent chicken fried steaks, tamales, and BBQ.

:homesweet:

Found a couple of more to consider...does anyone recognize whose conversion kit this is?

Yellow Trike.jpeg

1999 with 40K and change on it. All wood grain dash....pictures look like it's in good shape. November 2019 service according the owner included "new front end service, oil and filter, breaks checked and add in fluids, clutch services and fluid everything is good it has always been keepers in inclosed building" ...they may be a "little country" as we say here.

I'd take the yellow one, it has the Valkyrie transmission parts and all the improvements. The 1989 used a carb control unit as well as an ecm plus if the recalls were not done it will have the off idle stumble. If the yellow which is newer and improved with less miles vs the 1993, me I'd go with the yellow one. I believe that one is a Motortrike.

I'd take the yellow one, it has the Valkyrie transmission parts and all the improvements. The 1989 used a carb control unit as well as an ecm plus if the recalls were not done it will have the off idle stumble. If the yellow which is newer and improved with less miles vs the 1993, me I'd go with the yellow one. I believe that one is a Motortrike.

Not to mention it's purty

Thanks...I'll know better when I see it in person.

Larry

Between the two, yeah, I like the deal on the yellow one, it's got Valkyrie improvements in transmission, shift forks … and some internal engine parts … and the lower miles is good too. My first thought, it looks like a Motor Trike … but I'm used to seeing MTs with a T handle & external lower trunk hinges. Lot's of lighting there, the turn signals use amber bulbs. The tabs over the lights are where a bracket attaches to hold license plates, you could put a required tag on one side and a Lone Star themed plate on the other, to keep drag balanced at high speeds.

That yellow is gonna be seen, that's for sure … it begs for a matching yellow helmet. Think of it as a blank canvas.

Between the two, yeah, I like the deal on the yellow one, it's got Valkyrie improvements in transmission, shift forks … and some internal engine parts … and the lower miles is good too. My first thought, it looks like a Motor Trike … but I'm used to seeing MTs with a T handle & external lower trunk hinges. Lot's of lighting there, the turn signals use amber bulbs. The tabs over the lights are where a bracket attaches to hold license plates, you could put a required tag on one side and a Lone Star themed plate on the other, to keep drag balanced at high speeds. That yellow is gonna be seen, that's for sure … it begs for a matching yellow helmet. Think of it as a blank canvas.

The color was kind of off putting at first, but now I'm seeing it as a ideal background for some old school hand striping in black and silver. Like you I'm used to MT's having the lower hinges and a t-Handle with a nerf bar bumper and teardrop brake lights...I'll defer to those that know. It's a solid axle so I'm inclined to think it's a MT. I do believe I'd pass on the yellow helmet, though I do have a yellow visor for my half helmet skid lid. ;)

Larry

The BumbleBee is mine!

What Val said Larry.

:wave:...Well the BumbleBee is mine now....or will be once the seller gets it cleaned up and we meet at my bank next week. The seller said the tabs were for flagpole mounts as the license plate mounts to the trunk lid. I'll figure out something...maybe a POW/MIA plate and something else. Maybe nothing at all. It's definitely a Motor Trike and even has the leather MT bras on the fenders. Everything works as it should, and it has all kinds of extra lighting. They had a comprehensive service in November 19...fork seals, fork oil, steering bearings, clutch serviced, new battery, brake fluid changed and brakes adjusted, oil and filter, new rear tires, front tire looks like it's got at least another season of riding...It has adjustable passenger floorboards...you can pull a lever and they move up and down...never seen that before. It has hidden latch releases for the trunk and the tour pack...the concealed hinges for the trunk allow the whole bumper to pivot down when the trunk opens. Has custom exhausts but the original mufflers come with the trike. Has 40,873 miles so probably 40,900 miles when I take delivery.

I'm sure I'll find lots of new stuff as I get to know the machine and read through the owners's manual.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png