New Tri Glide

Jan 24, 2011
The Villages, FL
Well I did it. I traded my Ultra Limited for a Tri Glide, We put 120 miles on yesterday just burning up gasoline. :) It does burn more gas than the Limited! :mad: The wife seems alot more pleased with the three wheels. Course I tried to lean the first turn I made. They don't lean and it went straight.:AGGHH: I have it down pat now :pray: I think. Also the putting of the feet down to keep from tipping over.:wtg:

congrats on the new trike,,, U will find out the more U drive the better U will like it..and the easier it gets... Usually takes about 500 or so miles to feel really good on it.. and if the wife is happy then U are happy...

Keep us informed on how things are going...

Ride safe and enjoy....

Well I did it. I traded my Ultra Limited for a Tri Glide, We put 120 miles on yesterday just burning up gasoline. :) It does burn more gas than the Limited! :mad: The wife seems alot more pleased with the three wheels. Course I tried to lean the first turn I made. They don't lean and it went straight.:AGGHH: I have it down pat now :pray: I think. Also the putting of the feet down to keep from tipping over.:wtg:

Congrats. You will be a happy camper.

The learning curve is deffinetly propotional to the area you live in / example Kansas 2,000 miles NY State 500,. Formular is : Learning curve takes longer if you have fewer curves

The learning curve is deffinetly propotional to the area you live in / example Kansas 2,000 miles NY State 500,. Formular is : Learning curve takes longer if you have fewer curves
I agree you learn real fast in my part of the woods. Not many long stright roads. Mostly curves and bumps on the interstate. I684 from Brewster NY south is a killer. tar joints kill your back,neck,teeth and fork seals. Congrats on the new Trike.

Congrats! Nice color too!
I still lean a bit in curves after riding my 2010 TG for a year. Helps with the push/pull on the bars in curves and turns.:Biker:

Congrats on new Tri-Glide. I find leaning on curves helps counteract the centrifical force trying to throw you. Or maybe I am taking curves too fast. Haven't been able to lift either back wheel yet. I keep trying.

Congrats....gorgeous Trike.....On that putting your feet down thing.....that lesson is learned as soon as you run over your foot the first time........don't ask me how I know.

Oh yes, a little body lean makes the push/pull cornering work well. It's just that trying to steer by leaning the trike will you off the road into some farmer's field.............. I have a feeling EVERY new triker has done that once. LOL!

:Trike1:I put my foot down and Lost my shoe! I went back to get it, now I know how a single shoe gets left on the road! Embarrassment!

congrats!!! I got mine, same color, this month... I didn't lean so much as holler out loud at me
"FEET UP...FEET UP"....
and.. just for gp's if it seems a lil' hard to steer, check out my post on
new tri-glide hard to steer"..
some 2011's seem to have this problem!!! got the dealer to do his thing.. and is a wonderful thing!

never rode a trike before. when i left the dealership i leaned right ended up going left ended up against the curb. turned around to look back olady & salesman where laughin their asses off. olady told me when we got home she told greg the salesman she hoped i didn't get k
illed on the way home. hahahaha

ps: mines a street glide flhxxx

I got my TG April 15 this year. Traded my 09 Ultra for it. Love it. The old boot loves it too. Put a pingle electric shifter on it, the control module blew, Pingle sent us another, now it shifts. Have 600 or so miles on her now. I like it better than the 2 wheeler. Good luck 427Dave and happy smiles!!

I got my TG April 15 this year. Traded my 09 Ultra for it. Love it. The old boot loves it too. Put a pingle electric shifter on it, the control module blew, Pingle sent us another, now it shifts. Have 600 or so miles on her now. I like it better than the 2 wheeler. Good luck 427Dave and happy smiles!!

Welcome aboard glad you joined us. Glad you are having a great time with your new ride.

Congrats on the new trike. Also traded in our Ultra in Feb. Haven't looked back. Wife loves it and so do I. Lot less to worry about. Now wife can climb on, get settled then I get on and we're off. You'll make the transition quickly. Just don't run over your foot.
:0)

Congrates on the new trike.I got mine last month.Only put about 800 on her so far(damn rain) but i'm learning to love her.Only problem i have now is the warden thinks she's suppose to go with me all the time.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FUpp

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FUpp
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png