Tri Glide Tire Pressure

I remember the Ford explorer Firestone tire fiasco, Firestone went bankrupt right after that And ford couldn’t give away a explorer for a few years…..

That said…..Any dealer who will recalibrate the Stock TPMS to a lower PSI than the factory PSI..Is gambling his business on the odds that nothing will happen….And if that dealer writes an work order in the shops computer Harley will not be happy….

hypothetically: Joe schmo trike rider enters in a turn too hot And rolls his pride and joy;…And then some insurance claims adjuster asks how much air are you running?…And being that Joe Schmo has something else to blame for the accident besides his lack of driving experience because it couldn’t be that’ No Way I’m an Expert Trike Driver so no way it’s my fault the dealer who is in the eyes of the law an Expert should not have recalibrated the TPMS..!..Then someone else who rolled their trike pops up out of the internet and starts a chain reaction…Consumers Report gets a hold of it… does a hatchet job like they did on the Suzuki Samurai…..

I remember the Ford explorer Firestone tire fiasco, Firestone went bankrupt right after that And ford couldn’t give away a explorer for a few years…..

That said…..Any dealer who will recalibrate the Stock TPMS to a lower PSI than the factory PSI..Is gambling his business on the odds that nothing will happen….And if that dealer writes an work order in the shops computer Harley will not be happy….

hypothetically: Joe schmo trike rider enters in a turn too hot And rolls his pride and joy;…And then some insurance claims adjuster asks how much air are you running?…And being that Joe Schmo has something else to blame for the accident besides his lack of driving experience because it couldn’t be that’ No Way I’m an Expert Trike Driver so no way it’s my fault the dealer who is in the eyes of the law an Expert should not have recalibrated the TPMS..!..Then someone else who rolled their trike pops up out of the internet and starts a chain reaction…Consumers Report gets a hold of it… does a hatchet job like they did on the Suzuki Samurai…..

Lawyers...greed trumps common sense far too often.

I just had my front tire replaced. While I was waiting for it we were having a little lunch at the dealerships restaurant. The service advisor actually came over and got me. My brakes were shot, front and rear. I knew they were getting close bumping up to almost 50,000.

Anyway, when I was riding home I thought the darn bike was riding really rough. I check my tire's psi the next day and my front had 45psi and the rear tires had 36!!!! Needless to say I adjust them back down. Not sure what the tech was thinking.

I just had my front tire replaced. While I was waiting for it we were having a little lunch at the dealerships restaurant. The service advisor actually came over and got me. My brakes were shot, front and rear. I knew they were getting close bumping up to almost 50,000.

Anyway, when I was riding home I thought the darn bike was riding really rough. I check my tire's psi the next day and my front had 45psi and the rear tires had 36!!!! Needless to say I adjust them back down. Not sure what the tech was thinking.

The technicians are human robots they are used to working on two wheelers and that’s the pressure they put in them and so they just automatically do it to Trike‘s… a.k.a. force of habit, or just easier that way for them…..

The technicians are human robots they are used to working on two wheelers and that’s the pressure they put in them and so they just automatically do it to Trike‘s… a.k.a. force of habit, or just easier that way for them…..

If this Dipshit, I mean Technicians can't put air in a tire Why the F==K would you let him touch your trike ? :xzqxz::xzqxz::xzqxz::xzqxz::xzqxz:

Poor tech training here, or he is just lazy

- - - Updated - - -

I disagree, poor training and lazy, if he does not know the difference between a trike and 2 wheeler he should move on to a job he is more capable of

I dunno about that, here in Jax, the tech that gets the bike/ trike does all the work except washing it when repairs are done

Normally the guys that wash the bikes/trikes are the guys that check the tire pressures and that all the lights are in working order and other little stuff like that.. A 75+ dollar hour mechanic can not be doing the light rookie/apprentice stuff....Just like the guy that does engine and transmission work , Doesn't do simple oil changes...

Normally the guys that wash the bikes/trikes are the guys that check the tire pressures and that all the lights are in working order and other little stuff like that.. A 75+ dollar hour mechanic can not be doing the light rookie/apprentice stuff....Just like the guy that does engine and transmission work , Doesn't do simple oil changes...

This dealer here in Jax has 4 family owned shops with top notch techs

The fast lane guys do all oil changes and tires, the detail guys do washes and detailing, the real techs do the wrenching even if the bike / trike is also getting an oil change with other services, family owned IMO is better than the Boutique and car company owned dealers, plus I can watch mine being worked on and visit with the tech;)

There is not a Harley Tech in the world that gets $75.00 per hour! at best There $25.00 maybe. $ 30.00

When our trike goes in the shop, the service writer fills out a standardized work sheet. He goes over lights, horn, mileage, checks tire wear, there is a section related to tire pressure that he draws a big X over and writes "Do Not Change" . I've not had a problem with pressures since he started doing this.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jojo jojo

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jojo jojo
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png