I just purchased PRO ACTION Shocks.

You’re going to love them. Did you contact DK to make sure they’re set up for your weight and riding style? I cannot believe the difference on mine. Just installed yesterday, test ride was like “what bumps”?

Headed to Daytona from My sons house in VA. Should make the ride much more enjoyable.

Pretty sure this is gonna be my next purchase ... after these, probably be done with the big stuff ... :D ... Fred ... we want a complete report ... :D
No problem I plan on removing the trunk it is easy to do. I wanted you to see how I jack it up in the back with the small Trolley Jack. it takes a little to do but better than working on the floor. This way I'm not spending money on a jack for trikes I use the lift jack for numerous things. :good: travel safe Fred

You’re going to love them. Did you contact DK to make sure they’re set up for your weight and riding style? I cannot believe the difference on mine. Just installed yesterday, test ride was like “what bumps”?

Headed to Daytona from My sons house in VA. Should make the ride much more enjoyable.
I checked with the seller about that and we are real close to the same numbers if I have issues I will get hold of either Kevin or George at Pro Action his shop is only 50 minutes away from us. Thank you for the reminder. :good: travel safe Fred

I checked with the seller about that and we are real close to the same numbers if I have issues I will get hold of either Kevin or George at Pro Action his shop is only 50 minutes away from us. Thank you for the reminder. :good: travel safe Fred

Did you get the 13” or 14” :Shrug:

Fred, would you care to say what brand jack you use on the front of the trike? And thanks for the pics of your system.
Harbor Freight 1,200 Lb. motorcycle jack several brands out there. Nothing fancy. just I cannot justify spending big bucks on a jack I only use once or twice a year maybe three times. :good: Travel safe Fred

Let the Fun begin...

Today the shocks were delivered I couldn't take it since the old Shiney was already up in the air. Disconnected all wiring and unbolted the rear portion. What bothered me most the speakers are hard wired but I suppose there is a reason for that I unbolted the boxes and laid them on the ECM. Next remove the six bolts that hold the trunk on not to forget the ground bolt in the upper left corner, remove the strap then remove the stud. Last year I completely cleaned 9 years of crud off the frame and touched up spots where the powder coat failed, all in all it still looked fairly good. I even removed the two allen head bolts on the front portion of the body. Shock install tomorrow evening I hope. Fred

DSC01533.JPGDSC01534.JPGDSC01535.JPGDSC01539.JPGDSC01541.JPGDSC01547.JPGDSC01536.JPGDSC01537.JPG

Some Gorilla put the shocks on my Trike! I just attempted to remove one of the shocks and I can't budge it with a 3/4" wrench it is getting late so Air Tools tomorrow night. Should be a done deal then, finish cleaning the frame and change to comfort lift Wa-La Done.... Fred

Some Gorilla put the shocks on my Trike! I just attempted to remove one of the shocks and I can't budge it with a 3/4" wrench it is getting late so Air Tools tomorrow night. Should be a done deal then, finish cleaning the frame and change to comfort lift Wa-La Done.... Fred

Spray them down with with liquid Wrench or the equivalent and let them marinade over night....

They are installed with red lock tite.

If they were installed by Harley they use dry wax type [tan color ] loctite It makes a chemical bond by the friction from tightening the bolt....

Just to add most factories stopped using liquid loctites ..Cause it takes longer to apply$$ , Drips all over and will damage any paint or plastic it drips on..

Last edited:
If they were installed by Harley they use dry wax type [tan color ] loctite It makes a chemical bond by the friction from tightening the bolt....

Just to add most factories stopped using liquid loctites ..Cause it takes longer to apply$$ , Drips all over and will damage any paint or plastic it drips on..
possibly old Shiney was lifted years ago these are really tight I only tried a standard 3/4" wrench last night I will get the serious tools out tonight. Thanks for the response.:good: ride safe Fred

possibly old Shiney was lifted years ago these are really tight I only tried a standard 3/4" wrench last night I will get the serious tools out tonight. Thanks for the response.:good: ride safe Fred

I remember those top bolts were a bear to remove. With the residue of the factory lock tight still in the RR , the bolt reinstall was no picnic with the new shocks.

Many bolts and or hardware is now supplied with the loc tite thread patch

already on

To be sure if it is a critical fastener

Reactions: MDO

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
topaz

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
topaz
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png