Would You Buy a New Harley Trike?

You should never shop in a supermarket when your hungry....But does that work when you stop in a Harley Dealer and they have a few brand new shiny Trikes sitting there...And the 114 engine has a lot more get up and go than the previous engines 'And right out of the box to boot.......

drop in the 447 Torque cam and hold on!

Zammy said:
I made a mistake today, happened to stop by the dealership for some refreshment and bathroom break. They had several 2021 trikes on the floor, my buddy Greg who was with us goaded me into asking for a test drive, what the hell, why not. My 15 is the only trike we've been on and we like it even after 6 years but the '21 we took out was fantastic. Shifting was so smooth and the power with the newer engine was great and there was a lot of torque. We wouldn't have a problem with a new HD trike, 6 years and only 2 minor problems, my 1 year old SUV has been in the shop 3 times in 1 year. We shall see what develops, lol.

EAE973C8-E830-45F4-856C-1EA9F00A1C48.jpeg

I made a mistake today, happened to stop by the dealership for some refreshment and bathroom break. They had several 2021 trikes on the floor, my buddy Greg who was with us goaded me into asking for a test drive, what the hell, why not. My 15 is the only trike we've been on and we like it even after 6 years but the '21 we took out was fantastic. Shifting was so smooth and the power with the newer engine was great and there was a lot of torque. We wouldn't have a problem with a new HD trike, 6 years and only 2 minor problems, my 1 year old SUV has been in the shop 3 times in 1 year. We shall see what develops, lol.

View attachment 97035[/QUOTE]

Here's the voices Gary. "not the cvo,get the Tri".:xszpv:

No… This I the last trike no matter who the manufacturer is… The dollar cost for fun at my age is not worth the price.

And that said I just last week bought a new Honda Side By.

Ie; Fun on a different playing ground..👍👍

I did just that

Would you buy a new Harley Trike, Why and or why not?

Bought a new 2021 Freewheeler in October 2021.

Why?

1. Legs are not always there when I stop a two-wheeler

2. Balance is not always there when I roll a two-wheeler down the ramp from my shop

3. 3 wheels eliminate those embarrassing moments

4. Because the wife can use the trunk as a coffin when she buries me and my bike

NO. Bought a deceased friends' 2015 Tri Glide from his daughter who let it sit outside for 4 years. Have completely enjoyed redoing everything on it, love riding it. Will never grace mother Harley with any more of my money if there is an aftermarket solution. Learned lesson when it took 5 months to get manuals.

That would be a big NO. If anything I would look for a low milage Twin Cam Road Glide and have a trike kit put on it.

I did just what you stated. I bought a 2001 Roadglide from a good friend of mine in 2007. It was well maintained and had about 40,000 miles on it at the time. In 2016, I had a Champion trike kit installed and now have nearly 100,000 total miles on the bike and never regretted it.

I was in the market for a new Harley trike - had just purchased a new 2021 Ultra. Dealer wanted almost $10,000 over MSRP for the CVO - and said my bike was good for wholesale.

As I thought about our earlier GoldWing trike with the MotorTrike conversion, I decided to look at converting my 2021. TriGlide uses the Lehman platform - straight axel whereas CSC used an independent action. Also looked at the CSC for the rake kit plus, added the running boards

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png