Likes Likes:  11
Thanks Thanks:  3

Thread: Installed a rake kit today

User ID

Default Installed a rake kit today

I bought a 6* rake kit for our 2005 GL1800 Goldwing/Lehman trike kit from Papa Zook/Cut N Shoot Customs and I'm here to tell you, Cost was good, Instructions were great, Install was not hard, just a little tedious. I can't believe the difference. It almost steers too easy. It's going to take a little getting used to. It is so quick and easy, I decided to wiggle the handle bars at 40mph to see if there was any looseness and about threw myself off the bike. Thank you Papa Zook. I couldn't be happier. Teaching the wife to drive it is going to be so much easier now.

a buttload of posts....
    Gold Club Member
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by alwims View Post
    I bought a 6* rake kit for our 2005 GL1800 Goldwing/Lehman trike kit from Pap Zook/Cut N Shoot Customs and I'm here to tell you, Cost was good, Instructions were great, Install was not hard, just a little tedious. I can't believe the difference. It almost steers too easy. It's going to take a little getting used to. It is so quick and easy, I decided to wiggle the handle bars at 40mph to see if there was any looseness and about threw myself off the bike. Thank you Papa Zook. I couldn't be happier. Teaching the wife to drive it is going to be so much easier now.
    ---..........---
    Sometimes a Cigar is Just a Cigar.....
    2018...SLINGSHOT...........

10000+ Posts
    Gold Club Member
    User ID

Awesome! Glad to hear!!!
    "I don't need a map. I still have a road in front of me!"

Cut N Shoot Customs
    TrikeTalk Founder
    TrikeTalk Administrator
    User ID
    FT Author
    2 Threads

I bought a 6* rake kit for our 2005 GL1800 Goldwing/Lehman trike kit from Papa Zook/Cut N Shoot Customs and I'm here to tell you, Cost was good, Instructions were great, Install was not hard, just a little tedious. I can't believe the difference. It almost steers too easy. It's going to take a little getting used to. It is so quick and easy, I decided to wiggle the handle bars at 40mph to see if there was any looseness and about threw myself off the bike. Thank you Papa Zook. I couldn't be happier. Teaching the wife to drive it is going to be so much easier now.
    Thanks Alan. Glad you're enjoying the rake kit!

User ID

I bought a 6* rake kit for our 2005 GL1800 Goldwing/Lehman trike kit from Papa Zook/Cut N Shoot Customs and I'm here to tell you, Cost was good, Instructions were great, Install was not hard, just a little tedious. I can't believe the difference. It almost steers too easy.
    It'll get over it.

It's going to take a little getting used to. It is so quick and easy, I decided to wiggle the handle bars at 40mph to see if there was any looseness and about threw myself off the bike. Thank you Papa Zook. I couldn't be happier. Teaching the wife to drive it is going to be so much easier now.
    Careful there!

I know some will say "don't need no rake kit" … but I absolutely know with no doubt, it's a huge improvement in comfort and control. Naysayers are usually just stingy.
    Make Courtesy Your "Code of the Road" too!

550+ Posts
    User ID

those who say "don't need no rake kit" dont have a clue what they are missing.... may not NEED it ... ride a trike with one... you WILL go buy one.... been saying that since about 87 been told i am nut a lot yup "crazy like a fox"

1500+ Posts
    User ID

I have the 5.5% rake on my Roadsmith...................sweeeeeeeeet ride!

Ronnie

550+ Posts
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by Burnerboy View Post
    I have the 5.5% rake on my Roadsmith...................sweeeeeeeeet ride!

Ronnie
    i have seen that written many times ... but technically its 5.5 degrees rake not 5.5%

User ID

Weather and all the co-virus crap going on delayed us on taking anything more than a short trip around here, but the temp got up to 75* today so we took a short 100 mile round trip today. Everytime we went around a curve of any kind my smile would go from ear to ear. It's like riding in a new sports car. I can't believe how well it corners and how easy it is to make it do it. For anyone on the fence about installing a rake kit, believe me it will be the best money you've ever spent on a trike.