Likes Likes:  5
Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Some Slingshot Questions

  1. #1
    Moderator
    TrikeTalk Moderator
    FuzzyWuzHe's Avatar
    User ID
    18134
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Grand Junction, Co. USA
    Posts
    12,973

    Default Some Slingshot Questions

    This happens every once in awhile, especially when I get bored or angry with HD .. both are true at this time ... LOL.

    Questions:

    1) Can a fat old guy (6' ~ 300#) get in this with some comfort?

    2) Are they closer to a car or trike in ride experience?

    3) When it rains, does it fill up with water? (serious question, not trying to be funny)

    4) I've seen trailer hitches for these, anyone have any experience pulling a trailer?

    5) What kind of gas mileage and what grade fuel does this thing get/use?

    6) Do these things have a reverse? If so, is it electric or mechanical?

    My dealer has this one ... I love the color ... and the look.

    Slingshot 2.jpg

    Slingshots.jpg

    Slingshot 11.jpg

    Enquiring minds want to know.
    2014 Tri Glide - Fat Bottom Girl, 2006 Gold Wing Comfort Navi Abs - Jessica, 2003 Gold Wing - Helga, 2014 HD Ultra Limited - Harley Quinn, 2008 Gold Wing with Champion Conversion - Fat Bottom Girl 2, 2001 Goldwing - Tweety, 2015, HD Triglide - Fat Bottom Girl, 2011 HD Ultra - Raven, 2006 K1200LT - Vianca, 2007 HD Ultra - Ice Blue, 2006 HD Ultra - Arctic Blast, 2004 Honda Goldwing - Snow White, 2001 Goldwing - Crimson Pearl, And Many More

  2. #2
    a buttload of posts....
    Gold Club Member
    rhino 2's Avatar
    User ID
    6298
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Mendham NJ USA
    Posts
    57,728

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyWuzHe View Post
    This happens every once in awhile, especially when I get bored or angry with HD .. both are true at this time ... LOL.

    Questions:

    1) Can a fat old guy (6' ~ 300#) get in this with some comfort?

    2) Are they closer to a car or trike in ride experience?

    3) When it rains, does it fill up with water? (serious question, not trying to be funny)

    4) I've seen trailer hitches for these, anyone have any experience pulling a trailer?

    5) What kind of gas mileage and what grade fuel does this thing get/use?

    6) Do these things have a reverse? If so, is it electric or mechanical?

    My dealer has this one ... I love the color ... and the look.

    Slingshot 2.jpg

    Slingshots.jpg

    Slingshot 11.jpg

    Enquiring minds want to know.
    Well' Alan since you asked....

    1)...You can get in, Getting out is a different story..

    2)...More like a go cart..

    3)...They have drain holes in the floor just like my Rhino Side-By..

    4)...I never tow with mine...But the trailer hitches cost a bundle$$$$..

    5)...25 to 30 tops and on 91 octane..And if you drive hard less than 25..

    6)...They have a GM Transmission 5 Speed with reverse..[Mechanical]

    7)...The 2020 have a optional automatic....

    8)...If you are not careful you will smoke the rear tire from a stop..
    Sometimes a Cigar is Just a Cigar.....
    2018...SLINGSHOT...........

  3. #3
    Moderator
    TrikeTalk Moderator
    FuzzyWuzHe's Avatar
    User ID
    18134
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Grand Junction, Co. USA
    Posts
    12,973

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rhino 2 View Post
    Well' Alan since you asked....

    1)...You can get in, Getting out is a different story..

    2)...More like a go cart..

    3)...They have drain holes in the floor just like my Rhino Side-By..

    4)...I never tow with mine...But the trailer hitches cost a bundle$$$$..

    5)...25 to 30 tops and on 91 octane..And if you drive hard less than 25..

    6)...They have a GM Transmission 5 Speed with reverse..[Mechanical]

    7)...The 2020 have a optional automatic....

    8)...If you are not careful you will smoke the rear tire from a stop..
    So unless I want to socially distance myself by being a prisoner in this thing ... not for me ...
    2014 Tri Glide - Fat Bottom Girl, 2006 Gold Wing Comfort Navi Abs - Jessica, 2003 Gold Wing - Helga, 2014 HD Ultra Limited - Harley Quinn, 2008 Gold Wing with Champion Conversion - Fat Bottom Girl 2, 2001 Goldwing - Tweety, 2015, HD Triglide - Fat Bottom Girl, 2011 HD Ultra - Raven, 2006 K1200LT - Vianca, 2007 HD Ultra - Ice Blue, 2006 HD Ultra - Arctic Blast, 2004 Honda Goldwing - Snow White, 2001 Goldwing - Crimson Pearl, And Many More

  4. #4
    a buttload of posts....
    Gold Club Member
    rhino 2's Avatar
    User ID
    6298
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Mendham NJ USA
    Posts
    57,728

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyWuzHe View Post
    So unless I want to socially distance myself by being a prisoner in this thing ... not for me ...
    Yep......I have a roof on mine its called a Slingshade and i use the frame of the roof to sky hook my way out......
    Sometimes a Cigar is Just a Cigar.....
    2018...SLINGSHOT...........

  5. #5
    Moderator
    TrikeTalk Moderator
    FuzzyWuzHe's Avatar
    User ID
    18134
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Grand Junction, Co. USA
    Posts
    12,973

    Default

    Welp .. there is always this ... if only it had three wheels

    IMG_0892.jpg
    2014 Tri Glide - Fat Bottom Girl, 2006 Gold Wing Comfort Navi Abs - Jessica, 2003 Gold Wing - Helga, 2014 HD Ultra Limited - Harley Quinn, 2008 Gold Wing with Champion Conversion - Fat Bottom Girl 2, 2001 Goldwing - Tweety, 2015, HD Triglide - Fat Bottom Girl, 2011 HD Ultra - Raven, 2006 K1200LT - Vianca, 2007 HD Ultra - Ice Blue, 2006 HD Ultra - Arctic Blast, 2004 Honda Goldwing - Snow White, 2001 Goldwing - Crimson Pearl, And Many More

  6. #6
    2250+ Posts Pegasus1300's Avatar
    User ID
    6421
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Spring City,Utah, USA
    Posts
    2,419

    Default

    They make some pretty nice conversion kits for those things
    Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

  7. #7
    1500+ Posts
    User ID
    23660
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Springfield, Mass. USA
    Posts
    1,596

    Default

    Although, I don't own one, I do have to say that their very fun to drive or is it ride??

    I'd love one myself, BUT no place to park it, no room in garage..................

    Ronnie

  8. #8
    a buttload of posts....
    Gold Club Member
    rhino 2's Avatar
    User ID
    6298
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Mendham NJ USA
    Posts
    57,728

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Burnerboy View Post
    Although, I don't own one, I do have to say that their very fun to drive or is it ride??

    I'd love one myself, BUT no place to park it, no room in garage..................

    Ronnie
    Yep......It fills a spot in my garage like a small car does....And the front is wider than my Wife's Suzuki grand Vitara ....
    Sometimes a Cigar is Just a Cigar.....
    2018...SLINGSHOT...........

  9. #9
    2500+ Posts trikermutha's Avatar
    User ID
    3584
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,556

    Default

    I motorsports has a few Indian trikes for sale.. They look really nice. Wish I hit the lottery a slingshot and a Indian Trike

  10. #10
    200+ Posts brianl's Avatar
    User ID
    15439
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    leominster, ma. USA
    Posts
    216

    Default

    My son and I each rented one last year while on vacation in the Poconos. No offense to anyone who owns one but IMHO If I wanted a vehicle like this I'd prefer a small convertible. You would be protected if it rains, have heat if it gets cold (I suppose they probably have heat. Don't remember) and much more comfortable seats. The slingshot I rented had very hard plastic seats. I suppose that's because they're expected to get wet. I'm 5'-9", about 20 lbs. overweight like most people our age, and it was definitely a trick getting in and out of it. As for lighting up the tires, they actually measured the tread on both rear tires before we left and when we got back. It takes zero effort to spin them. Probably could go through a set in a week if you're not careful. They ride incredibly low to the ground with extremely high seats. When coming to a stop on a "Y" shaped corner I literally couldn't see traffic coming from my right and had to rely on my wife. Fortunately we were on country roads so there wasn't much traffic. It was fun to tool around in it for 3 or 4 hours but I doubt I'd rent one again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. I have some Harley Trike questions
    By Brentwood Bob in forum Harley Trike Conversions
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 09-02-2013, 04:06 PM
  2. Newbie with some dumb questions
    By sarvbill in forum Harley Trike Conversions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-14-2012, 08:04 AM
  3. Newbie with some dumb questions
    By sarvbill in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-14-2012, 08:00 AM
  4. Newbie- with questions :D how about some help?
    By meosis in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-12-2010, 08:34 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •