58 pan frame Servi car

Mar 23, 2020
Worton MD. USA
New member. Got a trike project for my sweetie.

left home late February to dredge thru swap meets for parts that might fit my 3 HarleyVL projects, and came home with a 3 wheel frame.

I found this forum by researching rear disc brakes conversion on Servi-Car, but so far only found that it has been discussed here and use the search feature. I am truly impressed with bing, google or whatever, but run out of talent when it comes to using forum search windows to bring me meaningful results.

back to my purchase, since we were at swap meets, I got electric start primarily covers and the proper 4 speed for electric start. She picked the “look” for the machine, buying a complete super glide front end, (disc brake)

shifter and clutch arrangements are up in the air, but the rear look is decided: 50’s Servi-Car.

so we also found the rear box frame and attaching hardware.

rear disc brakes are on my mind

Steve and Bonnie

You landed in the right place

Welcome to the forum from Western Pennsylvania. Congratulations on the rebuilding of a real trike a service car please keep us posted on the project get pictures so we can follow your progress. :good: Travel safe Fred

Welcome to the Gang from Western Colorado.

Sounds like a great project. My dad had a servi car trike for a short bit when I was just a little guy. All I remember about it was the cuss words that came out of his mouth when he tried to start it. LOL ... he called it his F*** Mule, cause it was stubborn ... LOL. I think he got it running twice that I remember. He didn't have much money, so he ended up selling it for a months rent and some groceries. Dad was a good egg and his family came first.

Welcome to the forum Steve.

If you have a factory panhead servicar frame, you are in rare territory. I believe they made them for the Canadian govt. for a very limited time.

Not sure how many were made or for how many years, but its a rare beast.

I haven't heard of anyone making a kit to convert drum to disc, but there are automotive rear disc brake components that can be adapted to the servi rear.

As others have said, pics are king on here.

Sounds like a fun project. Good luck with it.

IMG_4629.jpgIMG_4628.jpg
Welcome to Trike Talk Steve & Bonnie! Post pic of your project as you get into it. We like Pics!

sorry they aren't staged, those in the know can see that I have some cut and welding to do; whoever started this project could have never got a ride on it because the rear section is out of wack.

i am going to my steel provider tomorrow to get material to get it all lined up correctly.

the first obviously thing wrong is how LOW the rear axle is ...

i haven't spent much time on this forum, is there a place to post pics of progress? i am not the best one to take a lot of pics to share my work progress, i am way too slow on the computer and would rather spend the time in the shop, but ,,

if it helps me towards a rear disc brake setup without me having to reinvent the wheel..

Welcome to the forum Steve.

If you have a factory panhead servicar frame, you are in rare territory. I believe they made them for the Canadian govt. for a very limited time.

Not sure how many were made or for how many years, but its a rare beast.

I haven't heard of anyone making a kit to convert drum to disc, but there are automotive rear disc brake components that can be adapted to the servi rear.

As others have said, pics are king on here.

Sounds like a fun project. Good luck with it.

Harley produced 18 TA models that were Knucle head engine shaft drive, The Knuck and Panhead being pretty close in size ( same crank cases) so a Panhead engine would fit the frame, Tho to my knowledge the MOCO never produced any Pan powered Servi Cars. At least not for the general public

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
87_442

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
87_442
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png