No Cat Exhaust

Like asking whats the best oil you will get many answers,if you dont change the air filter you will be fine.This has been my experience and i have done several of my bikes.

Thinking of buying and installing wild pig header pipe on my 2015, do I need to do a remap afterwards?

Bought their stock decatted pipes for my 2016 Tri, but never installed. Just using a PV Tuner with DK's HiFlow 606 AC, Premium EBS and Cobra 909 Twin Slip ons.

Decided not to mount the decatted pipes because I really liked the level of sound, especially at interstate speeds, after installing the new tune and didn't want want the trike any louder. You're an hour and a half from Wild Pig Pipes in Holly Hill, FL, so not a bad ride if you're not under any travel restrictions and they're still open for business. Wish ya the best!

Bought their stock decatted pipes for my 2016 Tri, but never installed. Just using a PV Tuner with DK's HiFlow 606 AC, Premium EBS and Cobra 909 Twin Slip ons.

Decided not to mount the decatted pipes because I really liked the level of sound, especially at interstate speeds, after installing the new tune and didn't want want the trike any louder. You're an hour and a half from Wild Pig Pipes in Holly Hill, FL, so not a bad ride if you're not under any travel restrictions and they're still open for business. Wish ya the best!

is the decatted pipe for sale?

is the decatted pipe for sale?

Frank, Presently I'm holding on to it hoping that I get to hear another owners Tri Glide with similar a/c, mufflers and a decatted head pipe. If I like how theirs sound, then will install the Wild Pig Head Pipe. If plans change, I'll list it in the Forms Classified Section. Thanks for asking....Wes

Did you buy a new head pipe without a cat or did you gut the stock head pipe? I'm leaning toward just gutting my stock head pipe.

If you have the equipment and time to do your own head pipe, fine, from what I have heard it is cheaper to buy a head pipe off of ebay that has been done or from several other companies and that way you keep your head pipe in stock form, just a thought.

All for now Trampas

If you gut your stock, just cut a rectangle out of the back, remove the platinum and weld the removed piece back in place.

Unless you have a jig, cutting the pipe in two will lead to fitment issues when you install it. Welding causes warping, cutting causes loss of length, all reasons you need a jig.

I got a wild pig off eBay and the fit was perfect. No issues with O2 sensors or anything else.

I bought a take-off from the dealer and took it home, strapped it down to my workbench and used a hammer and a piece of 2 inch flat bar and gutted it from the outlet side. Took a couple of hours beating on it and completely gutted it. Removd the bungs for the O2 sensor and welded in some 18 mm bungs for the wide range sensors and when I installed the Target Tune and the wide range O2 sensors I had to change the angle on the rear sensor and move the front one. Just plugged the front one and drilled another hole.

If you have the equipment and time to do your own head pipe, fine, from what I have heard it is cheaper to buy a head pipe off of ebay that has been done or from several other companies and that way you keep your head pipe in stock form, just a thought.

All for now Trampas

That's what I did. Bought one off of ebay already done for $125 and still have the original in case of need.

Found a stock header on Ebay for $89.00 (free shipping) Cut out three sides and folded out a flap to get cat. out.

took about 30 minutes. Folded back and had a muffler shop weld the gaps for $15.00. Still have stock unit if I sell or trade.

Sprayed that section of the pipe with high temp paint but it did not hold up well. Should have left it raw.

Got the pipe that I ordered from Wild Pig. They cut out the section that contained the cat and welded a new piece of pipe in it's place. The only issue I have is what might happen if I have to take the trike in for warranty work and they see that the head pipe does not have the Harley engraving on it. I've still got the original pipe so I guess I can always change it back before taking it in but that sounds like a PITA.

Got the pipe that I ordered from Wild Pig. They cut out the section that contained the cat and welded a new piece of pipe in it's place. The only issue I have is what might happen if I have to take the trike in for warranty work and they see that the head pipe does not have the Harley engraving on it. I've still got the original pipe so I guess I can always change it back before taking it in but that sounds like a PITA.

Especially if you brake down 8 hundred miles from home and need warranty work from a strange dealer..:Shrug:....But then what are the chances...?

Go for it!

Thinking of buying and installing wild pig header pipe on my 2015, do I need to do a remap afterwards?

Go for it!

Bought a gutted head pipe off Ebay and gutted the stock mufflers! Had a loud cracking sound to it but felt like it was breathing a lot free er! No more heat on the right elbow! (472deg on that cat)

I got the 2-5/8" torque plates from Kevin @ DK. Mounted them 2" in from the low slant (the sweet spot) and wow couldn't believe the power increase. A deeper rumble and still plenty loud but not as

Obnoxious as the straight thru! We are 50 miles north of the Mexican Border on 5 acre lots and most run loud exhaust!

I put a 606 air cleaner with external breather with another nice boost and later I added the FP3 tuner from Vance and Hines and got another big power boost! Very few bikes around here run the cat!

It's 98.5 deg. right now! If we don't go crazy fast I get 38 to 42 MPG. Cruising 65 to 70 thru Colorado Highway 71 to Sturgis 40 to 42MPG!

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png