Harley online orders SNAFU

David792

150+ Posts
Mar 6, 2019
Idaho Falls, Idaho, United States
The HD online shopping experience has become an adventure. I ordered over $200 in gear over a week ago. (I know, $200 isn't that much in Harley Bucks). I never received any emails confirming my order or notifying me of shipment or tracking numbers. After a few days I checked the HD web page and found my order number and an assigned UPS tracking number. It says my order was shipped to Miles City, Montana. That's 480 miles to the northeast of my home here in Idaho Falls. Sooooo.... I did an "online chat" with a customer service rep who told me that HD is aware of tracking number issues and gave me a telephone number to call. Soooo... I called the number and got a recording that stated that HD is aware of tracking number issues and assured me that HD is "confident" that the order will be delivered on time and to the correct address.... then it hung up on me.

Today the online tracking shows that my order was delivered to Miles City, then re-routed to Leechburg, Pennsylvania where it was left on the doorstep. That's 2,005 miles from my house. Somehow this must be related to the COVID-19??? i guess. Anyway, I'll give them to the close of business tomorrow before I start making some serious calls. I get it. Stuff Happens, but sometimes enough is enough.

I had a simalar experience when I ordered some HD parts ... not long ago. When I ordered the chrome water pump cover, I just called the dealer, ordered it and gave him mu CC#, 4 days they called me and it was in. So much less stressful that way. Seems HD may have some issues with their supply chain. I've had similar issues with ordering and picking up at the dealer, but, when I had put all the effort in it I was willing to, which wasn't much, I just got my money refunded and it became their issue.:D

I recently had a chrome front end put on at the dealer and it took them over 2 weeks because they couldn’t get the parts from harley, they said it happens all the time now. Not sure what is going on at the moco. On a slightly different note went for a ride today and stopped by my local dealer, smith brothers Harley-Davidson and talked to my sale rep Justin and the owner jason and they are really feeling the pinch from the quarantine, had to lay several people off and are worried what will happen if this goes on much longer. He said they had been in business 35 years and had never seen anything like this. I could see it in his face that he is worried about his employees and the future of his business. Was a very sobering moment for me, brought it all home.

I recently had a chrome front end put on at the dealer and it took them over 2 weeks because they couldn’t get the parts from harley, they said it happens all the time now. Not sure what is going on at the moco. On a slightly different note went for a ride today and stopped by my local dealer, smith brothers Harley-Davidson and talked to my sale rep Justin and the owner jason and they are really feeling the pinch from the quarantine, had to lay several people off and are worried what will happen if this goes on much longer. He said they had been in business 35 years and had never seen anything like this. I could see it in his face that he is worried about his employees and the future of his business. Was a very sobering moment for me, brought it all home.

Multiply that by several million ... and you get a real feel for what is happening to this country ... and I'm not sure it wasn't all planned ... :AGGHH:

Do Local Dealers Get The Credit?

I'm not 100% sure, but I think that HDs online purchases are credited to the local dealer when the buyer (me) logs on with an account. Of course I would have purchased from our local dealer, but unfortunately they are temporarily shut down. BTW Chesters HD here in Idaho Falls was recently sold and purchased by new owners. I think they also have a dealership in SLC, but I didn't pry into it too much.

...He said they had been in business 35 years and had never seen anything like this. I could see it in his face that he is worried about his employees and the future of his business. Was a very sobering moment for me, brought it all home.

Sadly, that really makes it personal.:biblehold:...praying and wishing the best for all of us!!

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cantgetright

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cantgetright
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png