Nothing is ever easy

Mykneesbehurtin

1500+ Posts
Apr 27, 2016
Dayton Ohio
What started out as a simple thing escalated pretty quickly,Pulled the Troy built horse tiller out of the shed of course a flat tire and wouldnt start.So hooked it to the garden tractor and drug it to the front garage,pulled the carb and stripped it then in the carb tank over night.Well to my delight all the 20 plus year old fuel line where deteriorating,got it running great,now for the flat tire.So i pump it up and start to soap it to find the leak,well were isnt it leaking bead on front and back and the big split in the side wall and of course the rim is rusted to the axle so i wrestle the tire off the rim while still on the tiller.Well no one stocks a 4.8x8 AG tread tire in my area,so i had to order one:gah:So am i the only one who has this kind of luck,as i tell my wife if it wasnt for bad luck i wouldnt have any luck at all.

What started out as a simple thing escalated pretty quickly,Pulled the Troy built horse tiller out of the shed of course a flat tire and wouldnt start.So hooked it to the garden tractor and drug it to the front garage,pulled the carb and stripped it then in the carb tank over night.Well to my delight all the 20 plus year old fuel line where deteriorating,got it running great,now for the flat tire.So i pump it up and start to soap it to find the leak,well were isnt it leaking bead on front and back and the big split in the side wall and of course the rim is rusted to the axle so i wrestle the tire off the rim while still on the tiller.Well no one stocks a 4.8x8 AG tread tire in my area,so i had to order one:gah:So am i the only one who has this kind of luck,as i tell my wife if it wasnt for bad luck i wouldnt have any luck at all.
Don't Feel that you are the only one.... sounds like my simple fixes in the garage on a daily basis good luck getting the rim off the axle. Try a little Seafoam Deep kreep believe it or not better than PB Blaster and I never thought I would say that.:Coffee: Fred

Sounds like standard operating procedure to me ! Whats the problem? 😷

Well crap the plastic gas tank has a crack,used a soldering iron to repair it,well its down to just a small seep:Shrug: so i will try and find a gas tank if not i will try to find a plastic epoxy that will handle gas:mad:.

Well crap the plastic gas tank has a crack,used a soldering iron to repair it,well its down to just a small seep:Shrug: so i will try and find a gas tank if not i will try to find a plastic epoxy that will handle gas:mad:.
JB Weld I've Fixed Kerosene heater tanks with it as well as gas tanks just make sure it is degreased and leave the JB Weld cure for 48 hours or so. worked for me. Fred

Seems like every project that I start turns into a real cluster. Last year I changed 2 pulleys on my rider and installed a new belt. It lasted about 2 uses before one of them bit the dust. Of course the belt is destroyed too. I got one on order. I had to install a starter button on zero-turn.

A plastic shop can "weld" it ... did that to a camper water tank once, after spending about $150 on "sealers", never leaked again.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlrodgers10

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlrodgers10
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png