Flasher Help!

Aug 3, 2019
Federal Way, WA, USA
I went out to startup the trike for the first time this season. When I turned on the key, the flashers started flashing. The switch was not on and is not stuck. I changed the old flasher pushbutton out for a rocker-type switch last year. When I push the switch on, the hazards would "double flash" until I turned the switch off, then they would return to regular flashing. But I still can't turn them off completely.

Does anyone have any ideas? The weather is warming up and I'd sure like to take her out without flashing the neighborhood.:xzqxz:

Mens Warehouse thats where i bought my Long Trench-coat...Once this virus is over the movie houses will be back in business and i can flash again.. It doesn't work for effect too well with this social distancing...;)......

Oh, by the way mechanic's # 101 Go back to the last thing you worked on..IE; Rocker Switch ....:Shrug:....

Mens Warehouse thats where i bought my Long Trench-coat...Once this virus is over the movie houses will be back in business and i can flash again.. It doesn't work for effect too well with this social distancing...;)......

Oh, by the way mechanic's # 101 Go back to the last thing you worked on..IE; Rocker Switch ....:Shrug:....

I think Wally World sells those 9X12 full page magnifiers for these social distancing problems... :laugh:

I went out to startup the trike for the first time this season. When I turned on the key, the flashers started flashing. The switch was not on and is not stuck. I changed the old flasher pushbutton out for a rocker-type switch last year.
You can do that? I mean "it fits"?
When I push the switch on, the hazards would "double flash" until I turned the switch off, then they would return to regular flashing. But I still can't turn them off completely.

Does anyone have any ideas? The weather is warming up and I'd sure like to take her out without flashing the neighborhood.:xzqxz:
What was wrong with the old pushbutton setup? I'd bet dollars to doughnuts, that's where the problem lies.

I pulled fuses in hopes of "resetting", but no change. I even pulled the side panel and disconnected the hazard switch, but it still flashes when the key is turned on. As I mentioned before, if I switch on the hazard switch, the lights seems to do a "double flash". Any ideas?

You can do that? I mean "it fits"? What was wrong with the old pushbutton setup? I'd bet dollars to doughnuts, that's where the problem lies.

The "pushbutton" was already replace when I bought the trike. I switched it to a lighted toggle.

I've even completely disconnected the switch, but it still flashes.

Is it possible it has an alarm. I've seen cars do that. You can cut the wire to the siren but the lights will still flash when it's set off.

Have you recently changed any bulbs? It sounds like a feedback problem. Maybe some wires are touching some where? A short in the system even from a wrong bulb could cause this kind of feedback

Sounds like something is activating the flasher itself other than the switch. Also what was the part number of the lighted switch you found. I have been looking for one.

JerryW n AZ

Problem solved!

I finally found the problem. I tried disconnecting everything to determine where the problem was. Someone on another forum had me tracing wires and asked to check the back of the panel for the original flasher wiring. That's when I found that behind the panel, the original flasher switch was still attached and although some of the wires were cut, the ones remaining were still live and the switch was depressed. (apparently, the spring was lost and the button didn't remain up.) Once, I disconnected that, the flashing stopped. What a relief. :blush:

Jerry W. the flasher switch can be found anywhere on the internet. Just google "illuminated toggle switch"toggle switch.JPG

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png