I'm back.......

ahoover123

10+ Posts
May 29, 2018
Hammond, LA
I think I first joined and posted on this site back in early 2018 when I purchased a 2012 Honda Roadsmith HT1800 trike with 35,000 miles. Well, that was my big mistake and wished I never had done that. All I can say from my experience with Roadsmith, is that their customer service isn't what one should be. I will spare each of you the details of why I will never own a Roadsmith ever again. I tried selling it after I put 3 new tires, and half shaft bearings replaced at 35,000 miles. Couldn't get what it was worth down here in the South so I loaded up the 2005 GL1800A, trailer and the 2012 Roadsmith trike and went to Arkansas and purchased a brand new 2018 DCT Tour in September of 2019.

I was thinking about converting this one and got some quotes. To my surprise, prices on CSC ranged from $18,000 to $21,000 depending on different dealers. By now I'm thinking WOW! Now my bike only had 13,500 miles on it at the time and was 18 months old. So my dealer in Arkansas suggested I trade mine in for one already triked. I'm thinking, how is this going to be any better? I mean buying brand new bike that is triked. Well, I am here to say that it was the best way for me to go. Long story kind of short, I got prices from $20,000 for the 6 speed and $21,000 for the DCT with my bike as trade. However, I did get the one that was ready to roll and loaded with all the perks that I wanted for $22,000 and my bike.

Just think, I now have a brand new 2018 Honda DCT Tour CSC Encore trike with the upgrades of performance brakes, light bars, ground effects, LED fog lights and trunk light and 8 full year warranty staring over again. Plus, I was able to keep my F4 wide windshield, both seat upgrades, passenger arm rests , and foot pegs and foot rest on the engine. I couldn't pass that deal up even if I tried. And most of all, we love this trike. There is no comparison between this CSC and the Roadsmith that I had before.

Now, to be clear, I am only explaining my experience with the Roadsmith HT1800 and in no way, do I mean to put down on anyone here, that owns and loves their Roadsmith. I just think I bought a lemon and I couldn't get any help from Roadsmith with the issues I was experiencing and my wife and I decided we just didn't like riding it anymore. Now with all that being said, does anyone know where I can purchase rear mud flaps for this trike. I can't seem to find any anywhere on the internet. I look forward to being hopefully more active here now since I am a trike owner again.

Hey Allen! Its been a long road for you but I’m glad things are working out with the new trike. Ride a lot and post often!

I think I first joined and posted on this site back in early 2018 when I purchased a 2012 Honda Roadsmith HT1800 trike with 35,000 miles. Well, that was my big mistake and wished I never had done that. All I can say from my experience with Roadsmith, is that their customer service isn't what one should be. I will spare each of you the details of why I will never own a Roadsmith ever again. I tried selling it after I put 3 new tires, and half shaft bearings replaced at 35,000 miles. Couldn't get what it was worth down here in the South so I loaded up the 2005 GL1800A, trailer and the 2012 Roadsmith trike and went to Arkansas and purchased a brand new 2018 DCT Tour in September of 2009.

I was thinking about converting this one and got some quotes. To my surprise, prices on CSC ranged from $18,000 to $21,000 depending on different dealers. By now I'm thinking WOW! Now my bike only had 13,500 miles on it at the time and was 18 months old. So my dealer in Arkansas suggested I trade mine in for one already triked. I'm thinking, how is this going to be any better? I mean buying brand new bike that is triked. Well, I am here to say that it was the best way for me to go. Long story kind of short, I got prices from $20,000 for the 6 speed and $21,000 for the DCT with my bike as trade. However, I did get the one that was ready to roll and loaded with all the perks that I wanted for $22,000 and my bike.

Just think, I now have a brand new 2018 Honda DCT Tour CSC Encore trike with the upgrades of performance brakes, light bars, ground effects, LED fog lights and trunk light and 8 full year warranty staring over again. Plus, I was able to keep my F4 wide windshield, both seat upgrades, passenger arm rests , and foot pegs and foot rest on the engine. I couldn't pass that deal up even if I tried. And most of all, we love this trike. There is no comparison between this CSC and the Roadsmith that I had before.

Now, to be clear, I am only explaining my experience with the Roadsmith HT1800 and in no way, do I mean to put down on anyone here, that owns and loves their Roadsmith. I just think I bought a lemon and I couldn't get any help from Roadsmith with the issues I was experiencing and my wife and I decided we just didn't like riding it anymore. Now with all that being said, does anyone know where I can purchase rear mud flaps for this trike. I can't seem to find any anywhere on the internet. I look forward to being hopefully more active here now since I am a trike owner again.

Welcome back Allen............:clapping:......

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JamesFW

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JamesFW
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png