Cooling deflector wings

I have the deluxe tank lift and the CDWs. Also a catless exhaust , V and H tune and the DK customs remote oil filter, I found them to be a noticeable help. I bought a set of Mighty Mites , but haven,t installed them yet.

Based on my present experience and tests I do not think I will need further cooling after the Mighty Mites are installed.

For the small amount the CDWs cost ,you should probably get them.

I am running each of those on my '19, and also did on my '14. Each adds an incremental benefit to getting the engine closer to optimum running temperature.

There are a couple reports on the subject in the below links that you may find of interest.

(Besides adding cooling benefit, the CDW's make the riding a bit less turbulent, and less wet, if caught in the rain)

LINK 1

LINK 2

Also, you may find the following video's interesting.

Kevin

I certainly cannot add anything more than what has already been offered here. I will add all the things you do to lower heat all work together to save you thousands of dollars if left unattended. Heat reduction on the Twin Cam motor is an absolute must if you are going to ride it any amount. For us that is until I can no longer get on it. Travel safe Fred DSC00489.JPGDSC00483.JPG

Attachments

• DSC00482.JPG
    DSC00482.JPG
    162.4 KB · Views: 317
Wings came in and they where super easy to install. It took longer to tweek them so they didn't hit anything then to put them on, maybe a 5 min job. Seems very well made as you would expect from the folks at DK. Riding tomorrow (mid 70's in jersey) so hopefully will be able to give a further report.

I'm running love jugs and a deluxe tank lift on my 2014 TG, Is anyone using the wings from DK with a like setup. Do they help or is it overkill?

I am and I have monitored each change I made with the Power Vision tuner gauge feature. Not overkill IMO These larger air/ oil cooled on mine engines need ALL the help they can get to shed the heat for a longer engine life

Each add on brought the engine temp down.;)

Took about a 100 mile ride yesterday, the first after installing cdw’s and tank lift with deluxe option, do not have a power vision or any way to measure heat so all I can say is it definitely felt cooler, but the biggest thing I noticed is the the fans did not come near as much, before it seemed they were on all the time. Going to do floorboard extensions next. Trike will definitely be cooler by the time the summer heat rolls around.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackslapper

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackslapper
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png