Boom Trike Peugeot ECU

I definitely agree with Sidecarbill. It had to have run correctly at least once in its life or Boom would not have been able to sell it. Are these techs from the Boom dealer? I realize that working for the Boom dealer doesn't necessarily mean that they are the sharpest tools in the box, but they should have the best access to Boom for repair info. There are a lot of "box swappers" out there when it comes to electronic /computer problems. There's often no incentive to troubleshoot the problem when electronics are usually not returnable. Try this box....not the fix...too bad, you bought it....how about this box....

Most ECUs have a "limp home" mode. Can you find any information on that?

New ECU for Boom Peugeot 2 litre engine with auto gearbox

Hey Trike Legends,

Thanks for all the suggestions and advice, all were much appreciated. I've been away for a while but in the meantime I found a great mechanic / auto electrician not far from my home town. My problem of the Boom trike stalling when I stopped or going into limp mode were twofold and neither problem was the ECU as I had been told it may be.

1. An intermittently bad earth from battery to chassis caused 4 sensors to fail: both O2 sensors, the MAP sensor and the electric engine fan sensor/switch. With all that fixed, it was still going into limp mode.

2. Mechanic reasoned that it had to be sucking air somewhere. He found a pipe on the brake booster that was cracked, which was difficult to find with a perfectly good hose connected to it, but he found it and fixed it.

Voila! No further problems. Happy days! Ride safe and stay well Trikers

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png