The Cutoff

TonkaDriver

450+ Posts
Feb 26, 2018
Bagdad, AZ, USA
Those of you that read Kevin and Mary's ride report from their Mexico and Arizona trip read our references to the Cutoff (AZ-97). This is a 13 mile highway that runs from US-93 to AZ-96 about 45 miles north of Wickenburg, AZ. When Kevin and Mary made it here for a couple of days of riding I met them at the gas station to take them to their camp site at the Santa Maria river. I asked Kevin what he thought of the drive in, He got a big grin and said that is a motorcycle road.

They had just spent several boring hours of flat straight highways and after a 5 mile 6% climb to their turn towards Bagdad. This is the road that gave them a taste of the next 2 days of riding.

For some reason YouTube cut about 2 minutes off of the end. You get the general idea anyway.

Note: All traffic laws were strictly adhered to in the making of this video. Any appearance of excessive speed is simply an illusion or video trickery.

Kurt

Great ride. Looks a lot like a bunch of roads near Mesquite, Nevada. And quite a few of the ones in Eastern Utah. Sweeping curves, and most importantly, very few vehicles sharing it with you. :D

I'll bet that's a hot bugger in July/August :flame::blowup:

Very cool vid. That road is something else. Around the 3:10 mark is when the really fun curves start.

The video may not show it, but there are a lot of strange cambers and weird little elevation changes in the curves that really make it a fun and challenging road!

Kevin

Outbound

Very cool vid. That road is something else. Around the 3:10 mark is when the really fun curves start.

The video may not show it, but there are a lot of strange cambers and weird little elevation changes in the curves that really make it a fun and challenging road!

Kevin

I would bet that I have ridden the cutoff 25+ times each direction. These last two trips have been with the DK rear suspension. What really sucks is how truly awful the Harley stock suspension is. You would think, for what they charge they would do better. Sadly they don't care enough about quality to do it right. The bright spot is that it provides companies like DK Custom Products an opportunity to develop improvements for the aftermarket. Some may think that the suspension package is too expensive, they are wrong. You absolutely get what you pay for.

It may seem redundant to post a second version of the same road but the outbound direction is a totally different experience. Have a look. Once again it only appears that speeds were a bit excessive at times. This is only an illusion.

Kurt

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png