Crossbow

trike lady

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 26, 2008
Lovington, NM, U.S.A.
I know this isn't gun related, but does anyone have any advice on a good crossbow for home protection? I live as you know in a senior apartment complex and guns are a no-no and there is nothing in the lease about a crossbow. I don't need anything fancy or high-tech just something that will eliminate an intruder.

Last edited:
I know this isn't gun related, but does anyone have any advice on a good crossbow for home protection? I live as you know in a senior apartment complex and guns are a no-no and there is nothing in the lease about a crossbow. I don't need anything fancy or high-tech just something that will eliminate an intruder.

My Son hunts with a crossbow, I my self don't know too much about them, But in my opinion they are a little unwieldy for indoor home defense they are just as lethal as a gun but without the knockdown power....And regardless what you think the lease says or doesn't say you might not be allow to have one...In an apartment a good stun-gun might be your best choice ......:Shrug:....

Last edited:
Having a cross bow is like an unloaded weapon under your pillow. By the time you load it ........

well —- it’s too late.

Mace , pepper spray , don’t leave home without it. Small and compact , always loaded and ready to shoot :clapping:

I recommend mace or pepper spray, and a medium cast iron pan. then kick him in the nuts , beat him with the pan. :Shrug:

Spray- Kick- Beat !

Oh yeah the insect spray would be the best, because it doesn't show intent to harm. Everything thing is illegal in new Jersey.:mad:

Being Legal in Jersey is Illegal.....I have guns that are legal in NY, And Illegal in NJ..

Vice-Versa......Sometimes i'm illegal in NJ Till i cross the border into NY, And when i come back I'm illegal again .....:xzqxz:....

Even a good wasp or insect spray is better than nothing. Good luck.

I do have a can of wasp spray by the door, I got it because the wasps were trying to make a nest under the awning and maintenance does nothing. Mace and stun gun that sounds good, I've got enough stuff in my apartment to beat the tar out of someone. One thing I thought about with the crossbow is that you only get one shot and then have to reset it for the next shot, too time consuming.

Thank you everyone for your good advice. :)

I do have a can of wasp spray by the door, I got it because the wasps were trying to make a nest under the awning and maintenance does nothing. Mace and stun gun that sounds good, I've got enough stuff in my apartment to beat the tar out of someone. One thing I thought about with the crossbow is that you only get one shot and then have to reset it for the next shot, too time consuming.

The wasp spray is a good option. It will shoot about 15 feet or more (full can).

Back when I worked for the phone company, one or our techs was working on a cable at a rural farm. Two Dobermans came charging at him full tilt from the farm house. He had a can of wasp spray with him because wasps like to build nests in those green pedestals the cable splices are in. He sprayed them with it and they were tripping over their own tails running back to the house. Not permanent, better than getting bitten or hitting them with linesman pliers.

I learned its the first shot that counts....After that you're only shooting at birds....

The problem with a crossbow is the time and difficulty in cocking it. You can not leave it cocked for prolonged times(days).

The wasp spray is a good option. It will shoot about 15 feet or more (full can).

Back when I worked for the phone company, one or our techs was working on a cable at a rural farm. Two Dobermans came charging at him full tilt from the farm house. He had a can of wasp spray with him because wasps like to build nests in those green pedestals the cable splices are in. He sprayed them with it and they were tripping over their own tails running back to the house. Not permanent, better than getting bitten or hitting them with linesman pliers.

Bill, My Dad Worked for Maw Bell (AT&T) & Believed in keeping a Full Can of wasp spray for Anything threating that came up.He has used it on Squirrels, Snakes, Wasp, Bees, & Dogs. Never had to Spray a Human but he allows had a full Can..

Most Dogs Run to water after getting Sprayed & it burns but No permeant harm, Great Mind Changer..:D

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JamesFW

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JamesFW
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png