Hannigan Trike

I' m trying to help a friend purchase a used trike. He came across this one https://www.freedompowersportsusa.com/vehicle/2015-honda-gl1800/JH2SC68G0FK300176

However, we wonder why the price is so low when compared to older trikes. Can any of you offer any information that might help him decide if he should get this one or keep looking.

thanks for you help,

Allen

What is a great price, with barely any mileage. You can't go wrong with a Hannigan Kit. I had 2006 Goldwing Hannigan, it was a terrific trike. Smooth riding and had no issues over 80000 miles before I traded.

I've always heard that Hannigan is top of the line, but no experience. RoadSmith, rode that conversion for eight years, it was OK, but I would not give it rave reviews.

I own a 2012 Gen II with a 2014 Hannigan kit. I love it. The suspension system on the Hannigan can not be beat. The price seems low, but remember, these are difficult times and with ridership down and many folks out of work, it might be a great time to buy. Hannigan offers great customer service and information, at least in my case they have. My buddy put a Gen I kit on his 2006 and loves it. My only compliant with mine is the VERY small brake pads that wear out often. And they are a real pain to change. Other than that I love the kit. Had another brand which on my first conversion, and it was ok but it had that mono shock for its IRS and I like the Hannigan much better.

Check to see if it has been serviced properly and if the air filter has been changed. With 31K it probably hasn't. If it is a dealer they probably did all this stuff. Good luck. Also, I didn't see the degree of rake in the front. You want at least a 4.5 and a 6 degree would even make it easier to steer. 6 degree rakes take some time to get used to since the handlebars are real touchy. Hope this helps.

Looks like it has the Hannigan 180 front end, CB radio, passenger armrests and an Ultimate seat. I think if this is legit it's a great deal. My opinion, this trike is worth about 5K to 7K more than what they're asking. I would do some serious work to find out why it's priced where it is.

Was it ever wrecked or in a flood?

When i have bought used in the past i never buy unless i can talk with the previous owner. Most will tell you straight up what was wrong or maybe there isn't anything wrong.

Maybe the old owner got tired of trying to keep it clean!

Maybe its a 'Consignment' and the owner could be in poor health or the doctor told him/her they can no longer have a trike. :confused:

I agree. The price doesn't look so low that it looks like a scam or something especially since it's a bike dealer. Do your homework to verify that the dealer is real and call them directly. If you live close enough to go there, that's even better.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png