Rear Wheel Options?

[FONT=&quot]I have a 1997 gl1500 with a champion trike kit.From what i can see ,it looks like they use a toyota rear end,the tires are 205/70/15's wheels are 15x7jj 4x114.3 with a 35mm offset,haven't found out the hub diameter yet,guess i'll have to pull the wheel and get a measurement.

Anyone know off hand what or if i can use aftermarket car, like chevy,ford or? I'd like some brushed aluminum or machined finish wheels,chrome is a last option. I wouldn't mind going a little bigger but wheel well space looks pretty limited.[/FONT]

I have a 1997 gl1500 with a champion trike kit.From what i can see ,it looks like they use a toyota rear end,the tires are 205/70/15's wheels are 15x7jj 4x114.3 with a 35mm offset,haven't found out the hub diameter yet,guess i'll have to pull the wheel and get a measurement.

Anyone know off hand what or if i can use aftermarket car, like chevy,ford or? I'd like some brushed aluminum or machined finish wheels,chrome is a last option. I wouldn't mind going a little bigger but wheel well space looks pretty limited.

Mike.........Welcome to Trike-Talk....:wave4:...I'm sure someone will chime in soon with the help you need...

when you find the bolt diameter go on tire rack .com they have lots of wheel options. find the wheels you like call them or do chat and they can tell you if it will fit. also pick a couple wheels you like before you talk to them

I have a 1997 gl1500 with a champion trike kit.From what i can see ,it looks like they use a toyota rear end,the tires are 205/70/15's wheels are 15x7jj 4x114.3 with a 35mm offset,haven't found out the hub diameter yet,guess i'll have to pull the wheel and get a measurement.

Anyone know off hand what or if i can use aftermarket car, like chevy,ford or? I'd like some brushed aluminum or machined finish wheels,chrome is a last option. I wouldn't mind going a little bigger but wheel well space looks pretty limited.
Look up "Lee H. Mann" (screen name, his real name is Jim) here, he's more than mildly conversant on the subject of Champions.

If you're looking at more aftermarket wheels still, pick a style at the manufacturer's page, look at offerings, the info you have should do it. 114.3mm is 4.4" which fits … among other things … '60s Ford Falcons & 4 lug 'mid '60s Mustangs. You can google "4 lug 114.3" wheels and you'll find a lot of other manufacturers use them too. You might look at American Racing Wheels, Cragar, and there are others. Might also take a look at a Discount Tire store as they sell / order wheels all the time.

You aren't likely gonna find "hub centric" wheels, most aftermarket wheels center on the lugs for wider fitment unlike factory OEM offerings. My trike's rear wheels do that, as do our Mustang GT's American Racing wheels, my '65 GTO's Cragar mags and my '77 F-150 4x4 has aftermarket 15x8 steel chrome wheels with 31/10.50-15 truck tires and it's wheels center holes are a good 1/4" from the hub all the way around, the lugs center them, and I've hauled 2,500 -3,000 pounds on it several times.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png