No PTT button for the rider on 2019 Tri Glide?????

Feb 17, 2020
Yantis, Texas USA
Why in the world would Harley not install a PTT button for the rider when there is one for the passenger on a 2019 Tri Glide. My 2009 Ultra Classic even had a PTT button for the rider and that was 11 years ago????

When H-D quit providing CBs as standard equipment on Ultras / Limiteds several years ago the deleted the PTT switch for the rider. I had to change out the switch module when I added the CB module to my 2018 TG and now my 2020 TG. Just glad the passenger still has the PTT or I'd have had to change it out also for additional $$$.

When H-D quit providing CBs as standard equipment on Ultras / Limiteds several years ago the deleted the PTT switch for the rider. I had to change out the switch module when I added the CB module to my 2018 TG and now my 2020 TG. Just glad the passenger still has the PTT or I'd have had to change it out also for additional $$$.

Typical stupid move by Harley. Another one of their idiotic changes. Why wouldn't they keep the PTT for the rider even though no more CBs? Hell, the VOX system works like crap most of the time and therefore many times the PTT is the only thing that works for the passenger. I would like to be able to do the same as the rider. Do you know if Harley can put in a PTT switch on the right hand controls? Of course, this would be Harley's way of sticking it in your behind for more money. They are good at that.

Most are using bluetooth now days. Multi-channel function lets group riders communicate. Very nice set up. CB radios are so last century ......

Most are using bluetooth now days. Multi-channel function lets group riders communicate. Very nice set up. CB radios are so last century ......

Mike i'm still in last century when it comes to radios ....And what all the functions/buttons are for/or do....What is a PTT Button.....:Shrug:.

PTT=Push To Talk ................. :D

SYA=Scratch Your ASS ............
rofl.gif

Keep quiet about the aliens Bob, people will think you're a weirdo. I have several videos of Bigfoot but I don't share them for that very reason.:cool:

Keep quiet about the aliens Bob, people will think you're a weirdo. I have several videos of Bigfoot but I don't share them for that very reason.:cool:

I know a Weirdo who doesn't believe me that Bigfoot does exist....I have pictures of Bigfoot in my trail cameras....But it seems he's invisible..:Shrug:..

My wife and I use the PTT function to communicate with the intercom. As stated, we use it because the VOX system on the Harley is less than optimal. Of course, we can't use the PTT function now because the rider does not have one on the 2019 model year. We have superb headsets from Ed Sets and really do not want to spend dollars to go to a Sena Bluetooth Harley helmet. Plus, Bluetooth is great until the battery craps out after 4-6 hours. Hard wired has some features that are better than a wireless set up.

My wife and I use the PTT function to communicate with the intercom. As stated, we use it because the VOX system on the Harley is less than optimal. Of course, we can't use the PTT function now because the rider does not have one on the 2019 model year. We have superb headsets from Ed Sets and really do not want to spend dollars to go to a Sena Bluetooth Harley helmet. Plus, Bluetooth is great until the battery craps out after 4-6 hours. Hard wired has some features that are better than a wireless set up.
I agree whole hearted!... It could be just me but I prefer the wired intercom we have absolutely no issues with our old 09's VOX system once I got it set up properly. We bought wireless sets and never liked them for whatever reason.

Typical stupid move by Harley. Another one of their idiotic changes. Why wouldn't they keep the PTT for the rider even though no more CBs? Hell, the VOX system works like crap most of the time and therefore many times the PTT is the only thing that works for the passenger. I would like to be able to do the same as the rider. Do you know if Harley can put in a PTT switch on the right hand controls? Of course, this would be Harley's way of sticking it in your behind for more money. They are good at that.

Sure you can add the PTT button but you have to replace the entire right hand switch pack. I installed a CB on my 2018 and added the right hand switch pack with the PTT button. It is part number 71500130C, When I bought it in September, 2017, it was $136.00 - probably more now. When I got my 2020 I moved the CB from my 2018 over to it and the dealer could not verify if the switch pack would work on the 2019 and 2020 models so I opted to replace both left and right hand switch packs with the lighted backlight ones, part number 71500561, $269.95. I since learned that the switch pack from my 2018 would fit and I could have just bought the button covers that are different - the engine start / reverse button, and the 'back' button. So you have some choices but either way it'll cost you some $$$.$$

I agree whole hearted!... It could be just me but I prefer the wired intercom we have absolutely no issues with our old 09's VOX system once I got it set up properly. We bought wireless sets and never liked them for whatever reason.

Glad I am not the only one that feels that way about the wireless vs wired.

Sure you can add the PTT button but you have to replace the entire right hand switch pack. I installed a CB on my 2018 and added the right hand switch pack with the PTT button. It is part number 71500130C, When I bought it in September, 2017, it was $136.00 - probably more now. When I got my 2020 I moved the CB from my 2018 over to it and the dealer could not verify if the switch pack would work on the 2019 and 2020 models so I opted to replace both left and right hand switch packs with the lighted backlight ones, part number 71500561, $269.95. I since learned that the switch pack from my 2018 would fit and I could have just bought the button covers that are different - the engine start / reverse button, and the 'back' button. So you have some choices but either way it'll cost you some $$$.$$

Your last sentence exemplifies the Harley way. It wouldn't have cost them anything to leave the PTT function on the Tri Glide. Thanks for the options for me to consider. At least I know there is something that can be done if I just get fully frustrated with the current set up.

Sure you can add the PTT button but you have to replace the entire right hand switch pack. I installed a CB on my 2018 and added the right hand switch pack with the PTT button. It is part number 71500130C, When I bought it in September, 2017, it was $136.00 - probably more now. When I got my 2020 I moved the CB from my 2018 over to it and the dealer could not verify if the switch pack would work on the 2019 and 2020 models so I opted to replace both left and right hand switch packs with the lighted backlight ones, part number 71500561, $269.95. I since learned that the switch pack from my 2018 would fit and I could have j ust bought the button covers that are different - the engine start / reverse button, and the 'back' button. So you have some choices but either way it'll cost you some $$$.$$

Surdyne 71500130C $140.58

I have a 2019, and my passenger has a PTT. We used CB a ton with multiple bikes of various years some with and some without wireless on our ride to Bike Week Daytona. I doubt my dealer installed it when they put in the CB module.

I have a 2019, and my passenger has a PTT. We used CB a ton with multiple bikes of various years some with and some without wireless on our ride to Bike Week Daytona. I doubt my dealer installed it when they put in the CB module.

Yes, my 2019 has a PTT for the passenger but Harley elected to NOT have one for the rider. Quite stupid in my view.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackslapper

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackslapper
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png