Front rotor torque

Oct 19, 2011
GLEN ELLYN, IL. USA
I looked all over the shop manual and TG suppliment (2014) under wheels, disks, rotors, brakes and could not find the front rotor bolt torque value anywhere.

Does anyone know what it is? I assume you need blue Loctite?

I tried getting that H-D yellow thread locker crap off but couldn't get it all off. Can I just put the Loctite over that stuff.

16-24 Foot Lbs with a dab of blue loctite;)

I would clean the hub holes with a tap, if you are reusing the original rotor bolts clean the threads good of old loctite

Harley's admonition is to get new rotor bolts and not re-use the ones you took off. More $$ for them I'm sure but perhaps it's a CYA thing about having the thread locker on the new bolts.

Harley's admonition is to get new rotor bolts and not re-use the ones you took off. More $$ for them I'm sure but perhaps it's a CYA thing about having the thread locker on the new bolts.

You bet HD is in CYA mode just like all others. The DOT has been up everyone's rear on using new hardware on brake and steering parts. A very good idea IMO. This is one of the reasons in the automotive field most steering and a lot of brake parts come with NEW hardware.

Works for me.

I have always had good results for cleaning up threads and bolts using my dremel and gun cleaning brushes. I clean the bolt threads with my variable speed dremel with the little wire wheels. For the threads inside I use a variety of brass or stainless gun cleaning brushes on a short pistol rod.

I just run it in and out and twist slowly through the hole 2 or 3 times. I then give them a shot of air to blow the debris out and run the bolt back in. If it feels smooth and goes all the way in, all is good. If it doesn't I will use a thread chaser.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pete the drummer

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pete the drummer
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png