extended warranty

Reactions: MDO
Randy, give Jim a call. I just switched all my insur. to him & when time for ESP I will deal with him. I didn't take the HD extended this time so when the 2 yr is almost done, Jim will be the guy for me.

Reactions: MDO
I purchased the HD ESP on my used bike not knowing much about it or other warranties. I just recently learned that the HD ESP extends your lifetime warranty with HD if the dealer did the install. I have a Road Zepplin seat that the previous owner had installed and does not function. It is covered under the ESP and so are the 80 other items that he had installed prior to me owning the trike. I know that the HD ESP can be a pain but for a $50 deductible it can be worth it if you have major issues. Just my 2 cents. :)

I purchased the HD ESP on my used bike not knowing much about it or other warranties. I just recently learned that the HD ESP extends your lifetime warranty with HD if the dealer did the install. I have a Road Zepplin seat that the previous owner had installed and does not function. It is covered under the ESP and so are the 80 other items that he had installed prior to me owning the trike. I know that the HD ESP can be a pain but for a $50 deductible it can be worth it if you have major issues. Just my 2 cents. :)

"Lifetime warranty" Never heard of HD having that. & yrs was the max as far as I know.

I have received e-mails from the local dealer who offers "Lifetime Powertrain Warranty", but I am not looking so I haven't paid attention. I just checked it out. The warranty is offered by www.warrantyforever.com.

A quick search pulled up lots of negative reviews. They offer the warranty for all types of vehicles. Scamity.com is not impressed.

"Lifetime warranty" Never heard of HD having that. & yrs was the max as far as I know.

Couple of dealers are doing it here, there is a catch though and some people may not like it, me for one. I have lifetime on my 2018 so long as I have the dealer do the service, oil changes etc etc, plus any harley parts, mufflers etc etc, lifetime if they do it, if you do it so long lifetime warranty, that is the catch, that way they can do all the work and service and charge you their high price, that is how they can do lifetime warranty, it is not costing them a dime, it is on you, there you have it.

All for now Trampas

I wouldn't own a Harley let alone a Triglide without the 7 year extended warranty. My last 4 Harleys had lots of problems, thankfully I had the ESP on each one - repairs paid for the warranty's.

I had the RZ seat and had to have it repaired - the ESP did not cover that or any of the accessories I added later....only what was on the bike when I bought it.

Since I've just retired I'm glad I have the EXP - it gives me piece of mind knowing I don't have to worry about repairs since I don't have the resources now to pay for them. :)

I wouldn't own a Harley let alone a Triglide without the 7 year extended warranty. My last 4 Harleys had lots of problems, thankfully I had the ESP on each one - repairs paid for the warranty's.

I had the RZ seat and had to have it repaired - the ESP did not cover that or any of the accessories I added later....only what was on the bike when I bought it.

Since I've just retired I'm glad I have the EXP - it gives me piece of mind knowing I don't have to worry about repairs since I don't have the resources now to pay for them. :)

I can't remember all the HD's I have owned in the last 32 yrs, & only bought the ESP on the 16. Used it one time in 45k miles. One breakdown on our 2003 Ultra on a 15,000 mile ride & it was a trans seal. 103k on that bike. Is an HD warranty worth the $$ ? NO ,not with all the stuff they deny. This is prob our last new HD. I will get a warranty when the 2 yr is up from Jim Palmer as I can't do the things I used to. We average 10k to 15k every season for 30 yrs. Not sure we will get that this season,thanks to China Virus.

The bottom line to any warranty is the how the dealer deals with it. Some would rather not bother and will pass the cost to the customer while others will go to bat for the customer and get them the best deal on the service. Unfortunately not everyone has a dealer on their side.

The bottom line to any warranty is the how the dealer deals with it. Some would rather not bother and will pass the cost to the customer while others will go to bat for the customer and get them the best deal on the service. Unfortunately not everyone has a dealer on their side.

Problem with HD is if one dealer flags it for some reason, your ESP is done from then on. When traveling, you can't always wait to get back to your dealer.

I've been down many times. In the USA and Canada and have NEVER had an issue with the EXP. The dealers fixed the problems immediately. One dealer (American Harley Davidson in N. Tonawanda, NY) actually took off a part from one of their bikes to fix my broken water pump problem a couple years ago - - on a Sunday and after hours too = fantastic dealer.

If you have the tools, time, place and expertise to fix your own bike - that's fantastic, but there are thousands that do not have any for those atributes so an EXP is a great thing to have - - IF they can afford it.

If the dealer you have won't honor your EXP - go to another dealer. You don't have to use a single dealer.

I've been down many times. In the USA and Canada and have NEVER had an issue with the EXP. The dealers fixed the problems immediately. One dealer (American Harley Davidson in N. Tonawanda, NY) actually took off a part from one of their bikes to fix my broken water pump problem a couple years ago - - on a Sunday and after hours too = fantastic dealer.

If you have the tools, time, place and expertise to fix your own bike - that's fantastic, but there are thousands that do not have any for those atributes so an EXP is a great thing to have - - IF they can afford it.

Have to ask you Gary is your bike stock or do you have any after market parts on it, that makes a big difference when traveling, you could get lucky and have a good dealer to do the repair and forget what he sees that could flag it, some dealers won't. When traveling and you have after market exhause or a tuner and host of other things that could flag your warranty, you take a chance for sure, that is why I ask you Gary is yours is stock, if yes no wonder they worked on it with your ESP.

Basically it comes down to this, ESP's are good to a point for some people that keep their bikes in stock form, otherwise not, if you don't travel what so ever and stay local and your dealer lets you do what you want, good for you, if that dealer is doing work on yours and some one from harley comes in and see's this, that dealer is up the creek without a paddle and that person's warranty is now void, have heard this from a reliable source.

All for now Trampas

I have a few months of my HD extended warranty left with zero co pay. When it is up I will be going with Jim Palmer warranty. It will cover the P V tuner I have on my trike;)

Have to ask you Gary is your bike stock or do you have any after market parts on it, that makes a big difference when traveling, you could get lucky and have a good dealer to do the repair and forget what he sees that could flag it, some dealers won't. When traveling and you have after market exhause or a tuner and host of other things that could flag your warranty, you take a chance for sure, that is why I ask you Gary is yours is stock, if yes no wonder they worked on it with your ESP.

Basically it comes down to this, ESP's are good to a point for some people that keep their bikes in stock form, otherwise not, if you don't travel what so ever and stay local and your dealer lets you do what you want, good for you, if that dealer is doing work on yours and some one from harley comes in and see's this, that dealer is up the creek without a paddle and that person's warranty is now void, have heard this from a reliable source.

All for now Trampas

Yes, it's stock. I very rarely modify my bikes unless it's for safety or comfort with H-D parts put on by a H-D dealer. I never touch the engine. I'm more than happy with the stock performance.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rogue24

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rogue24
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png