blinkers, but no flashers

RodMyers

20+ Posts
Feb 17, 2018
Knoxville, TN, USA
2015 Freewheeler

Have had ongoing issues with the right rear tail light assembly blowing the light out. Had that happen over the Memorial Day weekend. replaced the whole assembly, pigtail & cover.

I had the solid red light on the speedometer light up on the way home. Once home, I hit the turn signals. front right, rear right. Front left, rear left all function as they should.

So for giggles, I hit the flashers. front 2 lights are flashing, rear two lights do nothing.

I pulled code B2223 -> brake light switch shorted low (on).

Can I 'assume' that this would be the circuit board behind the brake light assembly?

Thanks

2015 Freewheeler

Have had ongoing issues with the right rear tail light assembly blowing the light out. Had that happen over the Memorial Day weekend. replaced the whole assembly, pigtail & cover.

I had the solid red light on the speedometer light up on the way home. Once home, I hit the turn signals. front right, rear right. Front left, rear left all function as they should.

So for giggles, I hit the flashers. front 2 lights are flashing, rear two lights do nothing.

Can I 'assume' that this would be the circuit board behind the brake light assembly?

Thanks

Rear brake light switch is shorted, I am guessing your cruise does not work also? Are your rear brake lights stuck on?

2015 Freewheeler

Thanks

Could be. I have a 2015 also. I have had the circuit board replaced twice on one side, 3 times on the other due to water getting on it. Finally a friend took the wheels off and sealed every possible way water could get in. When the 2016 showed up at the dealer, I put my hand under the fender to see if they had done any improvements. Sure enough, they had added something under there near where the wire goes into the lights.

Reactions: MDO
Could be. I have a 2015 also. I have had the circuit board replaced twice on one side, 3 times on the other due to water getting on it. Finally a friend took the wheels off and sealed every possible way water could get in. When the 2016 showed up at the dealer, I put my hand under the fender to see if they had done any improvements. Sure enough, they had added something under there near where the wire goes into the lights.

#2, Yes If the brake light switch has gone bad the feedback could burn up the circuit board in the light assembly, my 15 Freewheeler did

Reactions: MDO
Rear brake light switch is shorted, I am guessing your cruise does not work also? Are your rear brake lights stuck on?

That happened to me. I thought the brake lights were not coming on when I did my pre ride check then I realized they were stuck in the on position. It was the brake light switch.

Thanks to your posts about the codes I was able to call the shop to ask if the part was in stock before I left home. I would have called around if the closest dealer had not had it because I had places to go and things to do.

That happened to me. I thought the brake lights were not coming on when I did my pre ride check then I realized they were stuck in the on position. It was the brake light switch.

Thanks to your posts about the codes I was able to call the shop to ask if the part was in stock before I left home. I would have called around if the closest dealer had not had it because I had places to go and things to do.

Glad I can help;) Dont leave home with out a link to The Forum, ya never know when you can find the help ya need on the road;)

Funny thing. I just wet down to check the trike out. "NOW" that everything has cooled off, the flashers work, the brake lights work, and turn signals as well.

will hit the dealer up tomorrow for brake switch

2 trips to the local dealer.

This second time, they are replacing the rear brake switch. Now waiting for it to be delivered to the dealer

Good deal, IMO on the 15-16 Freewheelers the MOCO goofed on the location of this switch. It sure gets too darn hot for any life of the switch. Best of luck with your trike.;) As a heads up you want to think about flushing your front and rear brake fluids at least every 2 years, same is true for the hydraulic clutch;) You can find a brake fluid checker like this @ Walmart https://www.walmart.com/ip/Auto-Bra...MInfqCyMvm6QIVVAiICR1KBAveEAQYBSABEgLu7PD_BwE

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png