Likes Likes:  4
Thanks Thanks:  0
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: ... wax the mufflers ...

  1. #1
    1250+ Posts CrystalPistol's Avatar
    User ID
    2734
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
    Posts
    1,327

    Default ... wax the mufflers ...

    Forgotten how long it takes but I think it was worth it. Good reminder of why I don't favor wet roads on the trike too.

    I didn't watch the Bristol Race today, but I had it on and listened as I meticulously cleaned & waxed the trike from end to end, top to bottom too. I was gonna use some Liquid Glass but I have other stuff already open I decided to use some of it … Eagle 1 Cleaner Wax in a bottle … new applicator … and a couple microfibre buffing towels … and I started at about Lap 2 and worked steady up until about halfway through 3rd stage.

    It looks GOOD.

    I didn't do the front wheel, I have two near new front rotors to go on so I'll repolish the front wheel then.

    I need new tips too.

    Is it just me or does anyone else wax the mufflers under the trike?
    Make Courtesy Your "Code of the Road" too!

  2. #2
    550+ Posts cScjhb's Avatar
    User ID
    31029
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    Mesa, Arid-Zone-A
    Posts
    587

    Default

    I suppose waxing the mufflers might make it easier for the road debris to fall off. But, the only ones seeing the sparkle are ants and worms..... Jim

    P.S. I have waxed mine too.....
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike
    Semper Fi

  3. #3
    40+ Posts
    User ID
    31518
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Monaca, Pa, USA
    Posts
    40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CrystalPistol View Post
    Forgotten how long it takes but I think it was worth it. Good reminder of why I don't favor wet roads on the trike too.

    I didn't watch the Bristol Race today, but I had it on and listened as I meticulously cleaned & waxed the trike from end to end, top to bottom too. I was gonna use some Liquid Glass but I have other stuff already open I decided to use some of it … Eagle 1 Cleaner Wax in a bottle … new applicator … and a couple microfibre buffing towels … and I started at about Lap 2 and worked steady up until about halfway through 3rd stage.

    It looks GOOD.

    I use Meguiar’s cleaner/wax

    I didn't do the front wheel, I have two near new front rotors to go on so I'll repolish the front wheel then.

    I need new tips too.

    Is it just me or does anyone else wax the mufflers under the trike?
    I use Meguiar’s cleaner wax on muffler/pipes

  4. #4
    400+ Posts Gideon's Avatar
    User ID
    13011
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN. USA
    Posts
    429

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BKtrike View Post
    I use Meguiar’s cleaner wax on muffler/pipes
    I also use Mequiar’s on my pipes and mufflers. Good Stuff !!!

  5. #5
    64000+ Posts
    Gold Club Member
    rhino 2's Avatar
    User ID
    6298
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Mendham NJ USA
    Posts
    65,411

    Default

    If i waxed the bottom of my pipes then i would have to first clean them....And if i don't turn the trike up-side-down no body is gonna see the dirt, So whats the sense.....
    Sometimes a Cigar is Just a Cigar.....
    2019 Tri-Glide.......

  6. #6
    12000+ Posts
    Tech Contributor
    Jack Klarich's Avatar
    User ID
    24367
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Jax, Fla USA
    Posts
    12,041

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rhino 2 View Post
    If i waxed the bottom of my pipes then i would have to first clean them....And if i don't turn the trike up-side-down no body is gonna see the dirt, So whats the sense.....
    It cuts down on drag and makes you go faster
    Nuff Said," Were Burnin Daylight, Lets Ride"(Sober 33years)
    Current ride : 17 FREEWHEELER M8, Power Vision tuner, DK Customs Outlaw air cleaner, modified by me head breather vent with drain, Gutted stock mufflers, (RJS Originals) rear wheel discs , (RJS Originals) custom windshield lower panel, Mighty Mites Love Jugs fans by Papa Zook

  7. #7
    64000+ Posts
    Gold Club Member
    rhino 2's Avatar
    User ID
    6298
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Mendham NJ USA
    Posts
    65,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Klarich View Post
    It cuts down on drag and makes you go faster
    Speed holes ......They make you go faster.........The larger the Caliber the faster you can go.....
    Last edited by rhino 2; 10-03-2020 at 05:06 PM. Reason: Needed more time to think...
    Sometimes a Cigar is Just a Cigar.....
    2019 Tri-Glide.......

  8. #8
    12000+ Posts
    Tech Contributor
    Jack Klarich's Avatar
    User ID
    24367
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Jax, Fla USA
    Posts
    12,041

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rhino 2 View Post
    Speed holes ......They make you go faster.........The larger the Caliber the faster you can go.....
    Nuff Said," Were Burnin Daylight, Lets Ride"(Sober 33years)
    Current ride : 17 FREEWHEELER M8, Power Vision tuner, DK Customs Outlaw air cleaner, modified by me head breather vent with drain, Gutted stock mufflers, (RJS Originals) rear wheel discs , (RJS Originals) custom windshield lower panel, Mighty Mites Love Jugs fans by Papa Zook

Similar Threads

  1. Favorite wax or polish application
    By paws in forum Detailing
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 10-03-2020, 07:34 AM
  2. Wax on - Wax off
    By Underdogmc1 in forum California Sidecar Trikes
    Owners Forum
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 02-22-2020, 04:02 PM
  3. How often do you wax your motorcycle??
    By Burnerboy in forum Roadsmith Trikes
    Owners Forum
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 07-19-2019, 11:20 AM
  4. Waterless wash and wax
    By GARYD in forum Harley Tri Glide
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 04-03-2019, 11:46 PM
  5. Cleaning and polish/wax?
    By Big_Steve in forum Detailing
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-31-2010, 07:53 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •