Thank you for the add... : - )

I look forward to conversing with other trike owners... I have been riding for 41+ years but on 2 wheels only. My previous bike was a 2019 Harley Davidson Heritage Classic 114. I hated selling that bike. But I had to make a change due to my back injury. So, here I am on my first trike. A 2020 Harley Davidson Freewheeler. I am in the process of accessorizing it. As I am sure many of you have heard, owning a Harley Davidson is a down payment on accessories. But that is what makes it fun. Right?

No doubt my first test ride was an adventure... the dealer had the bars adjusted way too far forward and the mirror arm mounts in such a position that I could barely see behind me. But I trudged along getting a feel for this new ride. I quickly learned the push/pull approach with the handlebars and that I had to stay in the middle of the my lane due to the wide rear end. But I got through it and ended my ride with a smile. It was something new and I liked it.

I am interested in learning more about better shocks for my trike. When I purchased the trike and rode it home roughly 35 miles, the ride was not too bad. I decided to crank the shocks up to max. All I can say is WOW! That damn trike bounced around like a rubber ball! LOL

I have yet to take my wife for a ride as I want to break the engine in first... but I know she is going to be much happier with our new trike due to the stability.

Any hoot... take care... : - )

Rich

[COLOR=rgba(0,0,0,1.00)][/COLOR]​

Attachments

• 1abb.jpg
    1abb.jpg
    167.7 KB · Views: 148
Welcome

Welcome to the forum and the world of THREE!

I've bought two Harley’s from Sac H-D and dealt with their service dept.

for many years - good people+service.

Enjoy that new trike!

:)

I look forward to conversing with other trike owners... I have been riding for 41+ years but on 2 wheels only. My previous bike was a 2019 Harley Davidson Heritage Classic 114. I hated selling that bike. But I had to make a change due to my back injury. So, here I am on my first trike. A 2020 Harley Davidson Freewheeler. I am in the process of accessorizing it. As I am sure many of you have heard, owning a Harley Davidson is a down payment on accessories. But that is what makes it fun. Right?

No doubt my first test ride was an adventure... the dealer had the bars adjusted way too far forward and the mirror arm mounts in such a position that I could barely see behind me. But I trudged along getting a feel for this new ride. I quickly learned the push/pull approach with the handlebars and that I had to stay in the middle of the my lane due to the wide rear end. But I got through it and ended my ride with a smile. It was something new and I liked it.

I am interested in learning more about better shocks for my trike. When I purchased the trike and rode it home roughly 35 miles, the ride was not too bad. I decided to crank the shocks up to max. All I can say is WOW! That damn trike bounced around like a rubber ball! LOL

I have yet to take my wife for a ride as I want to break the engine in first... but I know she is going to be much happier with our new trike due to the stability.

Any hoot... take care... : - )

Rich

[COLOR=rgba(0,0,0,1.00)][/COLOR]​

Rusty.....Welcome to Trike-Talk.....:clapping:....

Hi Rusty..welcome to TrikeTalk and the world of 3! I like that color!

Be sure to check out the FreeWheeler threads out here....LOTS of info....and many happy FreeWheeler owners.

You landed in the right place

Welcome to the forum from Western Pennsylvania lower tire pressure will certainly help. I have run my rear tires as low as 20 Lbs. The long term fix is good shocks it's a shame Harley doesn't proscribe to them in the beginning. I chose Pro Action trike shocks they make a world of improvement. Stop by often great people around here willing to help with questions or issues should any arise. :Coffee: Ride safe Fred/Jeanne

Welcome to the forum and the world of THREE!

I've bought two Harley’s from Sac H-D and dealt with their service dept.

for many years - good people+service.

Enjoy that new trike!

:)

thanks... I like Harley Davidson of Sacramento. unfortunately, they did not have the trike I wanted. I actually purchased my new trike from Ironsteed HD in Vacaville from Alan Casner, who is the sales manager. a FANTASTIC person.

Welcome to the forum from Western Pennsylvania lower tire pressure will certainly help. I have run my rear tires as low as 20 Lbs. The long term fix is good shocks it's a shame Harley doesn't proscribe to them in the beginning. I chose Pro Action trike shocks they make a world of improvement. Stop by often great people around here willing to help with questions or issues should any arise. :Coffee: Ride safe Fred/Jeanne

thanks... I will look up those shocks. smooth is the key. especially for my wife who is more sensitive to the bumps in the road!

Welcome to TT from Ohio. 14" ProAction shocks & 22-23 in rear tires. Have the new shocks to be installed on my new TriGlide. Had some on a 16 & HUGE diff.. Tried to find a sweet spot on the new HD shocks ,but, there IS NOT any. Ride safe. :D

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png