Info on Frankenstein kits please.

I am thinking of triking out an older Electra glide. Anyone on this forum riding 2up on a Frankenstein kit? Wondering on handling with 2 riders. I have a goldwing with voyager kit that rides really well 1up but when the wife gets on it is quite tippy and I don’t care for the feeling in corners. Have tried various different settings with suspension, tire psi and pre-load of kit. Think it’s time for a solid axle. Just unsure how this kit would ride loaded. Thanks

I am thinking of triking out an older Electra glide. Anyone on this forum riding 2up on a Frankenstein kit? Wondering on handling with 2 riders. I have a goldwing with voyager kit that rides really well 1up but when the wife gets on it is quite tippy and I don’t care for the feeling in corners. Have tried various different settings with suspension, tire psi and pre-load of kit. Think it’s time for a solid axle. Just unsure how this kit would ride loaded. Thanks
As long as you check the gearing a common problem on conversion trikes the heavier trike needs 30-70. There are many two wheelers are 32-66. I have no first hand knowledge other than give the company a call. Many have said they are very helpful with concerns. Good luck on your search. Fred

As long as you check the gearing a common problem on conversion trikes the heavier trike needs 30-70. There are many two wheelers are 32-66. I have no first hand knowledge other than give the company a call. Many have said they are very helpful with concerns. Good luck on your search. Fred

according to the info provided me from the company Frankenstein kits add no additional weight over the stock two wheel bike.

according to the info provided me from the company Frankenstein kits add no additional weight over the stock two wheel bike.

Frankenstein did offer two different track widths. My advice would be to get the wider track for cornering stability. You can also use a wheel with less backspacing to extend the track width. Anything over 54" is good. MotorTrike and Lehman all used 54" width. I would also suggest a triple tree of 5-6 degrees.

If I had a dollar for the times been asked if my 08 Sportster is "tippy". 2 up is no problem, 30 k miles. There are different width kits depending on the bike. I weighed everything removed,82 lbs. Your's will be different. Check their site, all info is on there. You can call them, great customer service.

If I had a dollar for the times been asked if my 08 Sportster is "tippy". 2 up is no problem, 30 k miles. There are different width kits depending on the bike. I weighed everything removed,82 lbs. Your's will be different. Check their site, all info is on there. You can call them, great customer service.

can you tell us where the weight went? remove 1 tire an rim fender and add 2 tire 2 rims and a differential?? what did i miss?\

personal preference... i would go w irs not solid axle... many like the solid but not me!

can you tell us where the weight went? remove 1 tire an rim fender and add 2 tire 2 rims and a differential?? what did i miss?\

Just saying when you add up everything removed that's what it weighs. Fender stays on. Stock exhaust is heavy compared to Short Shots. PS I put the stock exhaust back on.

Just saying when you add up everything removed that's what it weighs. Fender stays on. Stock exhaust is heavy compared to Short Shots. PS I put the stock exhaust back on.

so u removed one tire, the swingarm, a caliper and disc and added 2 tires 2 fenders 2 calipers 2 discs a diff and lost weigh???? i think you might need to check the scale!!

i know exhaust is heavy.. but even if you changed it that is NOT part of the equation!

so u removed one tire, the swingarm, a caliper and disc and added 2 tires 2 fenders 2 calipers 2 discs a diff and lost weigh???? i think you might need to check the scale!!

i know exhaust is heavy.. but even if you changed it that is NOT part of the equation!

I didn't say 82 lbs less. 82 lbs is what the removed parts weighed. Reread my post.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png