Likes Likes:  12
Thanks Thanks:  4
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: J E S Fork Fangs

60+ Posts
    User ID
    Thanks

I also have them...about 2 years. Eliminate wind buffeting? No. Help? A definite yes. I also installed DK wind deflectors and tank lift. This was before the JES fang install.

2. Love Jugs
    30+ Posts
    User ID
    Thanks

I have been fighting high-speed wind buffeting on my freewheeler since I got it. I first tried the wind deflectors from DK which did basically nothing. Then added the wide version of a clearview Shield. This helps a bit but not a lot. Yesterday I received my JES wind deflectors. These helped a ton almost completely eliminates the annoying part of the buffeting very happy with the product.

User ID
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by My Turn View Post
    I have been fighting high-speed wind buffeting on my freewheeler since I got it. I first tried the wind deflectors from DK which did basically nothing. Then added the wide version of a clearview Shield. This helps a bit but not a lot. Yesterday I received my JES wind deflectors. These helped a ton almost completely eliminates the annoying part of the buffeting very happy with the product.
    Hey Peter- Any update on using the JES fangs and any added issues from higher motor temperatures? I'm with you.. DK deflectors not much (to their credit, they mention results may vary) I've got same results so far. Considering the JES fangs... but I'm concerned about the uptick in motor temperature. Thanks for any insights!
    Live Everyday Like It's Your Last... Because One Day It Will Be...

2021 Billiard Red Tri-Glide 1999 Ultra Classic - Stage 2, 6 Speed (Gone) 1995 Softail Nostalgia (Gone) 1977 Superglide - Chopped (Gone) 1976 Liberty Edition Sportster (Gone) 1949 Hydraglide Panhead - Fully Restored (Gone)

30+ Posts
    User ID
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hydraglide View Post
    Hey Peter- Any update on using the JES fangs and any added issues from higher motor temperatures? I'm with you.. DK deflectors not much (to their credit, they mention results may vary) I've got same results so far. Considering the JES fangs... but I'm concerned about the uptick in motor temperature. Thanks for any insights!
    Nothing new to report. Product works great and the chrome is holding up fine in salty Florida. Occasionally I measure my oil temperature after a long ride by pulling the dipstick and sticking a digital probe in the sump. No difference after adding the fangs. I recommend them 100%

150+ Posts
    User ID
    Thanks

I finally got a decent ride in this week and have to say the JES deflectors do their job. It may be the combo of the tank lift and the 18 recurve windshield with them. I dont know how much Ive increased the engine heat, but Im just gonna go with it.

Just out of curiosity, are yall running them year round or removing them in summer?

7. Love Jugs
    40+ Posts
    User ID
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RKplus10 View Post
    I finally got a decent ride in this week and have to say the JES deflectors do their job. It may be the combo of the tank lift and the 18 recurve windshield with them. I dont know how much Ive increased the engine heat, but Im just gonna go with it.

Just out of curiosity, are yall running them year round or removing them in summer?
    I run them year round, but I also have the Cool Master cooling fans.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3