MT trog whine

Jun 13, 2020
Hastings FL USA
I have a MT trog on 2002 HD road glide started to get a whine in the rear on the left think it's a outer axle bearing. does anyone have a cut away of the rear end or a manual for serving the trog. I know it's based on the 7.5 ford rear end but i don't see a way to drain or add fluid. if anyone wants to convert from drums to disk the wilwood 950-140-11403-DR kit fits ford small flange rear ends

I have a MT trog on 2002 HD road glide started to get a whine in the rear on the left think it's a outer axle bearing. does anyone have a cut away of the rear end or a manual for serving the trog. I know it's based on the 7.5 ford rear end but i don't see a way to drain or add fluid. if anyone wants to convert from drums to disk the wilwood 950-140-11403-DR kit fits ford small flange rear ends

Rodney, Welcome to Trike Talk from West Virginia.:wave4:

Your differential is a sealed unit but may require grease from time to time. I defer to Richard here.

The noise may be a wheel bearing but if you did that disc brake upgrade you mentioned (meant for an automotive application) perhaps it is a result of the upgrade. Are your wheels tight ???:Shrug:

Whine

The brake conversion been on for about a year now I ordered wheel bearings and seals just didn't want to go in blind i guess i'll do it the old way on the job training thanks for the info

none

just got the wheel bearings today will put them in this weekend a guy said it could be the belt they whine near the end of there life going to do the bearings if its still whines the belt will be the only thing left

whine

The wheel bearings were good one of the carrier bearing locked up and eat something found pieces inside the housing trying find a picture of the carrier to see if it's missing anything or if these were independent parts. but I am rebuilding the whole rear end the date on it is 11/26/03 so seventeen year time for total rebuild. if anyone has a parts diagram or a picture of the carrier I could use it.

(fl solid axle )

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uneasy Rider

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uneasy Rider
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png