New to the Trike Community

I'm new to the Forum. I'm Peter Rasmussen a 68 year old, who just bought a bike after a 27 year hiatus. I live just outside Santa Fe New Mexico. I have live here for about two and a half years. I love the sun, but am confused by how the state handles winter. I originally from Wisconsin and if someone told me the city was going to basically shut down because they received an inch of snow i would tell them their crazy. I just bought a 2004 BMW R1150R with just under 13,000 miles on it. I have ordered a Tow Pac conversion kit but it hasn't arrived yet. I hope to have it within the next couple of weeks.

I know my balance isn't as good as it once was and I lost a lot of confidence when to of my co-workers were killed in the same year while riding. Thus the trike. I have missed riding, but my wife has been against my getting a motorcycle but has relented. I have a couple of friends here in New Mexico that ride together and they have encouraged me to join them.

I don't have much room to store my bike and have been told that under no circumstances will one of the cars sit out so I can park my bike in the garage. l going to need a quality cover for the trike and hope that someone here can recommend a high quality cover for my machine. I look forward to getting to know some of you and certainly hope to meet you in the future.

Simply Peter

You landed in the right place

Welcome to the forum from Western Pennsylvania stop by often and join in the various sub forums around abouts the great group of people. Millons of miles of experience here most all are willing to help with questions or problems. Sorry I can't help you with the cover issue I Garage ours. Travel safe Fred

Hello!

:wave4:peter, Welcome from SW Arkansas.

I know Covermax makes covers for Harley, Goldwing and Spyder Trikes. You may want to check them out to see if they have one for your application that meets your needs. Since all covers, even those with heat shields, should only be applied when the bike has cooled, I rarely use the Covermax for my Tri Glide. But I do park mine at the rear of my carport and only use the cover when I'm away on extended trips and leave the trike at home.

Hope you find a suitable one......Wes

Welcome from Southeast Arizona. You have some of the best areas to ride in, I try to get over there once a year to ride, maybe we will meet on the road. I had a local shop make a cover for my VW trike.

Did you have an awning shop make it up?

Welcome to the forum. Sealskin may have a cover to fit your needs.

Welcome from Southeast Arizona. You have some of the best areas to ride in, I try to get over there once a year to ride, maybe we will meet on the road. I had a local shop make a cover for my VW trike.

Thanks for getting back to me. It would bee nice to meet up sometime.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png