Likes Likes:  3
Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: quarantined

200+ Posts
    User ID

Default quarantined

Good morning

Well the beast has a case of elec covid bug.

dash lights flicker

psi and volt meter read 000 or 666 888 on nothing at all

cruise control quit working, installed new switches still no cruise

brake lights quit working, probably why cruise doesn't work

had to have a new heart, battery.

and to top it off it has a parasite drain.

beast has appointment with doc multi this afternoon

Dragon

User ID

200+ Posts
    User ID

Good morning

Well the beast got operated on over the weekend new brake light switch, old wiring had 1 strand connecting the power to the switch, and another had broken completely. Got that all taken care of the air pressure and volt meter came to life and are almost working correctly, brake lights work but still no cruise. air pressure goes up to 7psi to start, i can dump the air but cannot add air to system. I found that the brake side motor that controls the pedals does not work or is jammed. does anyone know how to take these apart and service them.

Thanx

Dragon

User ID

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon View Post
    Good morning

Well the beast got operated on over the weekend new brake light switch, old wiring had 1 strand connecting the power to the switch, and another had broken completely. Got that all taken care of the air pressure and volt meter came to life and are almost working correctly, brake lights work but still no cruise. air pressure goes up to 7psi to start, i can dump the air but cannot add air to system. I found that the brake side motor that controls the pedals does not work or is jammed. does anyone know how to take these apart and service them.

Thanx

Dragon
    The air pump system has a rubber plug on the bottom that you can pull out and use an allen wrench to adjust your start up pressure. I set mine at 20 psi for every day riding and bumped it up to 25 when I was travelling with my luggage rack. Tomg

User ID

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon View Post
    Good morning

Thanx

Dragon
    My brake and gas pedals get stuck sometimes. I lube them up and work them a few times and then they're goo to go for a while.

I had problems with my air pump switch not working to pump up the system. I cycled the switch several times and it started working. Rick
    If you got to ride, ride in style
    Stallion #378
    Suzuki Burgman 650