Likes Likes:  2
Thanks Thanks:  0
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Dealer issues

  1. #1
    1+ Posts
    User ID
    30825
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    Pace, FL. USA
    Posts
    2

    Default Dealer issues

    Has anyone had your goldwing dealer refuse to work on your bike after having ROADSMITH kit installed? My dealer said they will not work on trikes and questioned if the warranty would cover the work. It's a 2018 tour and reverse would not ingauge. They finally repaired it but it was not a situation I wat to deal with again. They adjusted the cable (5hrs) not experienced on this generation.

  2. Roadsmith banner
  3. #2
    61500+ Posts
    Gold Club Member
    rhino 2's Avatar
    User ID
    6298
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Mendham NJ USA
    Posts
    61,636

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DBLEBOGGIE View Post
    Has anyone had your goldwing dealer refuse to work on your bike after having ROADSMITH kit installed? My dealer said they will not work on trikes and questioned if the warranty would cover the work. It's a 2018 tour and reverse would not ingauge. They finally repaired it but it was not a situation I wat to deal with again. They adjusted the cable (5hrs) not experienced on this generation.
    Buch......Welcome to Trike-Talk........About the dealers I've heard that some dealers [Honda] won't work on them,While Others will only work on the Goldwing/Bike part......Who installed the kit...??
    Sometimes a Cigar is Just a Cigar.....
    2019 Tri-Glide.......

  4. #3
    1+ Posts
    User ID
    30825
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    Pace, FL. USA
    Posts
    2

    Default Kit install

    KD Cycle Altoona AL, excellent company they do quality work!

  5. #4
    350+ Posts cScjhb's Avatar
    User ID
    31029
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    Mesa, Arid-Zone-A
    Posts
    364

    Default

    The factory Honda dealers around here won't work on any bike that is more than 10 years old regardless of model, trike, or not. Fortunately there are lots of good independent shops. I have found the independents to be more knowledgeable and less expensive than the factory guys..... Jim
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike
    Semper Fi

  6. #5
    Senior Moderator
    Gold Club Member
    TrikeTalk Moderator
    Gorilla's Avatar
    User ID
    976
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Key Largo. Fl,. USA
    Posts
    13,482

    Default

    Butch there are a lot of dealers that take that position. there are others that do not mind. It's their call because Honda does not support the trike mods. See if there is a Honda dealer around you that is a little more on board with trikes.
    Stallion #406 // 2013 Tri-Glide

  7. #6
    100+ Posts Bubber's Avatar
    User ID
    30630
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    North Branch, Minn, USA
    Posts
    104

    Default

    I was once told by a local dealer that they don't work on any bike after a certain age. We had a lively discussion about Honda building throw away bike and that any Harley dealer will work on any year Harley no matter what.

    Then he tells me that this isn't a debate. Basically go away we ain't working on the bike.

    I called Honda America at the time and pissed and moaned as loud and as long as I could. I asked if Honda made throw away motorcycle because they dealers wouldn't work on them. That sparked another round of pissing and moaning.

    Honda America called the dealer and fought with them for awhile. after about two days I got a call from the dealer and they said they had a local guy that worked on older bikes and that I could take it there. I told him he could shove it and that was the last time I would ever do business with them or buy another Honda based on this whole go around with getting them to work on their own product.

    Well I was a raving lunatic at the time and I meant it. I never did do business with that dealer ever again.

    But I did recently buy a trike.

    I just could not get over their shitty attitude about working on their own product. After reading some of the horror stories about the quality of the Honda mechanics I am glad to never have had done any business with them at that time.
    Respect
    Bubber

  8. #7
    10+ Posts
    User ID
    7209
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    eden prairie mn
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Wow- Sounds like You have a lot of anger inside of you -- And You don't need to swear in your postings either

  9. #8
    550+ Posts
    User ID
    2417
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    east windsor ct
    Posts
    594

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tourman View Post
    Wow- Sounds like You have a lot of anger inside of you -- And You don't need to swear in your postings either
    wow is right..... u r offended by "shitty"? lol

  10. Roadsmith banner
  11. #9
    550+ Posts
    User ID
    2417
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    east windsor ct
    Posts
    594

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bubber View Post
    I was once told by a local dealer that they don't work on any bike after a certain age. We had a lively discussion about Honda building throw away bike and that any Harley dealer will work on any year Harley no matter what.

    Then he tells me that this isn't a debate. Basically go away we ain't working on the bike.

    I called Honda America at the time and pissed and moaned as loud and as long as I could. I asked if Honda made throw away motorcycle because they dealers wouldn't work on them. That sparked another round of pissing and moaning.

    Honda America called the dealer and fought with them for awhile. after about two days I got a call from the dealer and they said they had a local guy that worked on older bikes and that I could take it there. I told him he could shove it and that was the last time I would ever do business with them or buy another Honda based on this whole go around with getting them to work on their own product.

    Well I was a raving lunatic at the time and I meant it. I never did do business with that dealer ever again.

    But I did recently buy a trike.

    I just could not get over their shitty attitude about working on their own product. After reading some of the horror stories about the quality of the Honda mechanics I am glad to never have had done any business with them at that time.
    "any Harley dealer will work on any year Harley no matter what."

    absolutely not true!!

    "after about two days I got a call from the dealer and they said they had a local guy that worked on older bikes and that I could take it there."

    if you needed work done why would you not take it to the local guy?

Similar Threads

  1. Indian Dealer Also Trike Dealer
    By Geezzer Glide in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-10-2013, 11:58 PM
  2. Replacing Rear Trike Tires / Cycle Dealer or Tire Dealer ?
    By Motogordo in forum Tires, Wheels, Brakes, Front End
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-21-2012, 05:16 PM
  3. Stopped at a HD dealer today
    By robandlyn in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-14-2009, 06:59 PM
  4. Info on Trike Dealer
    By stinger in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-09-2009, 08:29 PM
  5. Stallion Dealer
    By Papa Zook in forum Stallion Trikes
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-14-2008, 07:39 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •