Tow Pac Advantage kit

I have a Tow Pac advantage kit with the 14" wheels on order, it is scheduled to ship on 6/24/2020. It will be going on my 2004 BMW R1150R. Does anyone out there have the Advantage kit, if you do please share your experience. Thanks

Worth doing

I recently installed the Advantage 14" wheels on my Victory Cross Country. Pretty straightforward install - allow a good day or so to complete the project, be sure the bike is level prior to starting. Still "dialing in" the preload on each axle for that perfect feel keeping fenders off until preload is adjusted to your liking makes adjustments much easier, doing adjustments with fenders on is a pain in the butt :(.

Make sure the fender bolts are torqued to 63 foot pounds or you will get rattles.

Takes a while to get acclimated to riding without the lean but not a bad experience.

Hi speed capable?

Glenn,

Thanks for the info. I'm wondering how the kit performs at high speed. I've read several reviews regarding the insta trike conversions and problems with vibration at higher speeds. The interstate here in NM is posted at 75mph and I don't want to be the one holding up traffic.

I do not have the Advantage kit but rather the Instatrike kit on my Goldwing. I still get some vibration over 70mph due to wind I believe, but I have found that good parallel tire alignment, and good tire balance, goes a long way in reducing fender vibration. One thing to remember no matter what Tow Pac or other manufacturers say is that the outrigger kits are a COMPROMISE in performance of a regular trike kit, and as such, some shortcomings are to be expected...

Les

Glenn,

Thanks for the info. I'm wondering how the kit performs at high speed. I've read several reviews regarding the insta trike conversions and problems with vibration at higher speeds. The interstate here in NM is posted at 75mph and I don't want to be the one holding up traffic.

I;ve done 70-75 without any issues at all - feels super stable at speed, just don't forget to slow down for the exit ramps or you'll get some butt puckering :D

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Astro5150

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Astro5150
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png