Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Auxiliary 12Volt port.

User ID

Default Auxiliary 12Volt port.

Where's a good location to install a 12V port? I was thinking on the right side, below the headlight adjusting knob. Also looking for ideas where to get the power for this port.

Any ideas gratefully accepted.

Be safe!!

TrikeTalk Moderator
    User ID

I had a K1200LT that had a power port located where the Passenger could use it. Not the best for my use, but, all I ever did was put the battery tended there.

A friend of mine told me to be very careful with the BMW Can Am system ... he said they were very touchy and would throw codes if you did "stuff" to them. Me and tricity are not the best of friends, so I just left well enough alone.
    Moses had Stage Fright, David Brought a Rock to a Sword Fight, You Picked Twelve Outsiders Nobody Would of Chosen and You Changed the World. The Moral of the Story Is: So when I Hear that devil Start Talking to Me Saying, Who Do You Think You Are? Im Just a Nobody, Trying to Tell Everybody, About Somebody that Saved My Soul. Casting Crowns

User ID

After making a bracket for my RAM X mount, I wanted to use my GPS and I need a 12V port for that. Thanks for the insight, Fuzzy!

11000+ Posts
    Tech Contributor
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyWuzHe View Post
    I had a K1200LT that had a power port located where the Passenger could use it. Not the best for my use, but, all I ever did was put the battery tended there.

A friend of mine told me to be very careful with the BMW Can Am system ... he said they were very touchy and would throw codes if you did "stuff" to them. Me and tricity are not the best of friends, so I just left well enough alone.
    That should read Can Bus System, you can read all about this system here, avery good and important read https://bmwmotorcycletech.info/canbus.htm
    Nuff Said," Were Burnin Daylight, Lets Ride"(Sober 33years)
    Current ride : 17 FREEWHEELER M8, Power Vision tuner, DK Customs Outlaw air cleaner, modified by me head breather vent with drain, Gutted stock mufflers, (RJS Originals) rear wheel discs , (RJS Originals) custom windshield lower panel, Mighty Mites Love Jugs fans by Papa Zook

User ID

Quote Originally Posted by Oldrodder View Post
    Where's a good location to install a 12V port? I was thinking on the right side, below the headlight adjusting knob. Also looking for ideas where to get the power for this port.

Any ideas gratefully accepted.

Be safe!!
    I'm one for running add-on accessory wiring back to an auxiliary fuse panel. But I think I remember someone paralleling off the courtesy light above the gauges. A low power consumption unit like a GPS should be fine to do so.......
    Rob Sprague
    Vineland, NJ
    2009 BMW R1200RT Black Metallic
    2006 BMW K1200LT/2012 Hannigan Trike Magnesium Black
    2004 BMW K1200GT Orient Blue