1st time triker from Louisiana

Feb 25, 2011
Ruston, La USA
Hello everyone! I just brought home a used and abused VW trike. I've wanted one of these since I was 15 (i'm 47 now) so I guess it's time to build me one. First thing to do is replace the frame fromt he transaxle forward thanks to to many drunken party repairs over the years. lol.. I've already ordered a new neck and a nice used springer front end for it. I'm really glad I found these forums. Lots of great info here! Laters...

Welcome to TrikeTalk. What a wonderful project you have ahead of you! It will make the riding that much sweeter to have done it yourself :)

Hello everyone! I just brought home a used and abused VW trike. I've wanted one of these since I was 15 (i'm 47 now) so I guess it's time to build me one. First thing to do is replace the frame fromt he transaxle forward thanks to to many drunken party repairs over the years. lol.. I've already ordered a new neck and a nice used springer front end for it. I'm really glad I found these forums. Lots of great info here! Laters...

Welcome my friend. Although my lifelong passion has been for motorcycles, during my long absence from riding, I had an "affair" (still ongoing) with my Thing .... Thinga'Ma'Bob . Driving topless and sideless (no doors!) allowed me to at least simulate open road riding. My Harley Screaming Eagle mufflers on it are still a comfort (and it certainly doesn't sound like a VW).

I have a 50+ page write up on everything I did and where I got it. Even though yours is a trike, you might find something useful. And while you are at it, pop on over to my downloads page and grab a copy of "How To Ride A Motorcycle Trike." http://www.thetrinitytrike.com/downloads/index.html There's good information in that little write up as well.

Bob Witte
The Trinity Trike

full02.jpg

Welcome to the best triker info to be had . It doesn't matter what you ride just that you ride or want to ride. The people on Trike Talk are the world's best . Very glad you have joined us. You will have lots of fun. Charlie D.:pepper:

welcome aboard. looks like a good base to build from. good luck

:wave4:Welcome to the board! Looking forward to seeing more pics as your build progresses. Can't wait to see the finished project.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drew73

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drew73
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png